P1000 SATV bushings

J

JTW

So, anyone with SATV arched a arms that’s had the premature bushing wear... (mine just started) tell me why/what you think the issue with the bushing/sleeves were that got ya here. Cheap metal sleeves? Cheap bushing material? Corrosion? Do they need better paths for grease to flow? I ask, because I’m going to replace mine before the next big ride in a month and @RB3offroad is willing to make some for us to replace the crap that comes on them. I can’t say that I trust even the replacements SATV now sells. I’ve had too many goofy quality issues, I can only attribute to cheap china materials and poor QC. While SATV has been mostly good on their customer service. I get tired of fixing the same thing over and over because of poor quality parts.

@Ragnar406 @ohanacreek @joeymt33 @snuffnwhisky @Windrock1000

And anyone else that’s had premature bushing wear issues.

I’m thinking a corrosion resistant sleeve (maybe stainless?) and a quality uhmw bushing with spiral grooves to allow that grease to move around the bolts better. Any other thoughts or suggestions to help rb3 give us what we need?

J

JTW

@RB3offroad if you can beat this price and quality (or lack of) you’ll have a winner!!
4F8229BB 4F94 4AD3 90FB 24BC6A54CB86

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, anyone with SATV arched a arms that’s had the premature bushing wear... (mine just started) tell me why/what you think the issue with the bushing/sleeves were that got ya here. Cheap metal sleeves? Cheap bushing material? Corrosion? Do they need better paths for grease to flow? I ask, because I’m going to replace mine before the next big ride in a month and @RB3offroad is willing to make some for us to replace the crap that comes on them. I can’t say that I trust even the replacements SATV now sells. I’ve had too many goofy quality issues, I can only attribute to cheap china materials and poor QC. While SATV has been mostly good on their customer service. I get tired of fixing the same thing over and over because of poor quality parts.

@Ragnar406 @ohanacreek @joeymt33 @snuffnwhisky @Windrock1000

And anyone else that’s had premature bushing wear issues.

I’m thinking a corrosion resistant sleeve (maybe stainless?) and a quality uhmw bushing with spiral grooves to allow that grease to move around the bolts better. Any other thoughts or suggestions to help rb3 give us what we need?
Corrosion resistant sleeve would be nice. I have only really had to replace the bottom front A Arms bushings. The others are still holding up. (Thought I did replace the top Front AArm at basically the same time) I have never had an issue with mine taking grease with either set of bushings - I do know that my t’s have the “c” stamped in the bottom as @Rambo originally posted and alerted us to. - not sure if that makes a difference. Garage products (from what I hear) make some of the best bushings - they make them for stock Honda 1000 but not for The SATV arms yet.

Reactions: JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also know that Garage products bushings are
" Products made From Oil
Filled UHMW and Hard Nickel Plated pivot sleeves"

and also I believe they have a lifetime warranty

They already offer for Pioneer 1000 stock
  • Front set $49
  • Rear set $79

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
" Products made From Oil

• Front set $49
  • Rear set $79
Have you tried these?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have not but have a few friends that uses them on their Popo's and they swear by them (and you know how those machines go through Bushings lol) @Kilo427 has those in his A arms though
Seems really reasonable

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
SATV's latest bushings are UHMW. I believe the originals were Delrin. UHMW is slicker. Lack of grease seems to be the biggest problem. There are no seals on the ends to keep grease in and no grooves to disperse the grease. They can be hard to get grease in and sometimes only 1 side spits grease out. I went on 2 rides without greasing mine and the steel sleeve had pretty much welded itself to the bushings on the upper. I had to take the A arm off, put in a vise and beat the s*** out of it to get the sleeves out and destroyed the first sleeve.

J

JTW

Corrosion resistant sleeve would be nice. I have only really had to replace the bottom front A Arms bushings. The others are still holding up. (Thought I did replace the top Front AArm at basically the same time) I have never had an issue with mine taking grease with either set of bushings - I do know that my t’s have the “c” stamped in the bottom as @Rambo originally posted and alerted us to. - not sure if that makes a difference. Garage products (from what I hear) make some of the best bushings - they make them for stock Honda 1000 but not for The SATV arms yet.
Yeah, mine don’t have the c either

J

JTW

" Products made From Oil

• Front set $49
  • Rear set $79
That is reasonable.. I’d buy them now if they were available for the a arms. But since they’re not I’d just assume support @RB3offroad since they support us, if they can get us what we need at a fair price.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was trying to beat the sleeve out with the ball joint still hooked up. Mini sledge + Grease =
View attachment 141807

You’re an enigma.

You create some amazing builds but from your stories you literally nearly kill yourself doing it. You’re a walking OSHA violation.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've replaced mine, but only the front ones seem to fail. Imop the super ATV ones are too short. Especially the ones the long bolts go through. I'd buy ones in a heartbeat from rb3. Their stuff is/has been great quality.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!