P1000 School me on a-arms

D

DirtyDusty

Feb 8, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got a 2017 1000-5le. Looking at putting forward a-arms. Keep seeing conflicting info on the LE models. Which brands will fit the LE? The atlas brand on Suoeratv’s sight says it will fit, but axles would have to be upgraded if they are put on a LE. Will any of them fit without upgrading axles at the same time? I see both claim 1.5” forward offset, but the atlas claims 31” tires will fit, while the Suoeratv brand says 28”.

Reactions: SuperATV
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Main thing to do here on the forum is to use the search up top first to get your answers only cuz We Know a thing or two cuz weve done or two. Also, any questions about superatv stuff should be directed to @SuperATV at which I just did for ya. Hes usually in his forum office between 4&5pm eastern and Will answer your question.

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Main thing to do here on the forum is to use the search up top first to get your answers only cuz We Know a thing or two cuz weve done or two. Also, any questions about superatv stuff should be directed to @SuperATV at which I just did for ya. Hes usually in his forum office between 4&5pm eastern and Will answer your question.
I'm on here quite a bit, learnin and reading about everyone's trials, solutions, and fun. What a great resource this forum is! I have done several mods based on what i learned on this forum. But honestly have been frustrated with the search tab. I've used it with some success at times, but most of the time it doesn't seem to work well for me. Not sure how a guy could screw that up lol, but for some reason it won't pull up threads I know I've read before and want to review again. Hope OP DirtyDusty has better luck.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm on here quite a bit, learnin and reading about everyone's trials, solutions, and fun. What a great resource this forum is! I have done several mods based on what i learned on this forum. But honestly have been frustrated with the search tab. I've used it with some success at times, but most of the time it doesn't seem to work well for me. Not sure how a guy could screw that up lol, but for some reason it won't pull up threads I know I've read before and want to review again. Hope OP DirtyDusty has better luck.
If I wanna find something on this site that I know I've read in the past, go to Google. Type in your key words and then hondasxs.com. And then hit search.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, the search is Fuced up right now. Hondasxs is working in that. Fo what @TripleB suggested.
but ive had good luck with the way the search currently is if you use multiple words to find what your looking for, It not gonna just jump right out at you at first word. Just have to improvise, adapt and overcome

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Just got a 2017 1000-5le. Looking at putting forward a-arms. Keep seeing conflicting info on the LE models. Which brands will fit the LE? The atlas brand on Suoeratv’s sight says it will fit, but axles would have to be upgraded if they are put on a LE. Will any of them fit without upgrading axles at the same time? I see both claim 1.5” forward offset, but the atlas claims 31” tires will fit, while the Suoeratv brand says 28”.
Both A-arm kits will work with your LE model. Just make sure to check the year fitment. Both will also fit up to a 31" tire. Not sure why that was never fixed on the website. I've told the website guy like 50 times to fix it. 🤣

I would highly recommend our Rhino 2.0 axles with those arms. There are a few here that did it with stock axles, but It makes me nervous saying you'll have much longevity if you're an aggressive driver.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, the search is Fuced up right now. Hondasxs is working in that. Fo what @TripleB suggested.
but ive had good luck with the way the search currently is if you use multiple words to find what your looking for, It not gonna just jump right out at you at first word. Just have to improvise, adapt and overcome
I click the search bar then click advanced, type in all keywords and it seems to work pretty good for me.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you google it, it will usually bring up a hondasxs post

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Both A-arm kits will work with your LE model. Just make sure to check the year fitment. Both will also fit up to a 31" tire. Not sure why that was never fixed on the website. I've told the website guy like 50 times to fix it. 🤣

I would highly recommend our Rhino 2.0 axles with those arms. There are a few here that did it with stock axles, but It makes me nervous saying you'll have much longevity if you're an aggressive driver.
Hey, not trying to hijack the OP thread, but I have a relevant question about A-arms. I have a 2016 P 1000-3 that I use for light to moderate off roading at work as a pipeline inspector. I use this basically for work, no crazy off roading. I have take-offs from a Honda Talon (15" rims w/28" tires), no wheel spacers and it seems to work just fine, no travel issues. I am looking at upgrading the A arms, and I was comparing and contrasting the Super ATV offset A arms and the Atlas ones, to get some height and length. Other than the size of the tubing, is there any real difference between them? I also figure to replace the bushings, and the ball joints at the same time (why not, right?). What would you recommend, the Atlas A arms, or the "regular" Super ATV A arms? Also, would you recommend the front frame stiffener kit, with or without the weld-in gusset kit? Are they compatible with each other, or mutually exclusive, or some combination thereof? And of course Rhino or Rhino 2.0 axles, HD ball joints or Kellar ball joints, HD bushings.

Basically, I want to get a little taller, longer, and wider (wheel spacers, 1.5" or 2"?), and add to the durability of the A-arms etc while I am at it. I rarely get more than15mph at work, and maybe up to 35mph or so, recreationally. But I figure that if I am going to upgrade the A-arms, as the "best" option of a lift which will also allow me larger tires if I want to go that far, I may as well make sure the frame etc can handle the extra stresses involved. And possibly upgrading the steering components.

I would definitely love to get your opinion, and anyone else's. Thanks!!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hey, not trying to hijack the OP thread, but I have a relevant question about A-arms. I have a 2016 P 1000-3 that I use for light to moderate off roading at work as a pipeline inspector. I use this basically for work, no crazy off roading. I have take-offs from a Honda Talon (15" rims w/28" tires), no wheel spacers and it seems to work just fine, no travel issues. I am looking at upgrading the A arms, and I was comparing and contrasting the Super ATV offset A arms and the Atlas ones, to get some height and length. Other than the size of the tubing, is there any real difference between them? I also figure to replace the bushings, and the ball joints at the same time (why not, right?). What would you recommend, the Atlas A arms, or the "regular" Super ATV A arms? Also, would you recommend the front frame stiffener kit, with or without the weld-in gusset kit? Are they compatible with each other, or mutually exclusive, or some combination thereof? And of course Rhino or Rhino 2.0 axles, HD ball joints or Kellar ball joints, HD bushings.

Basically, I want to get a little taller, longer, and wider (wheel spacers, 1.5" or 2"?), and add to the durability of the A-arms etc while I am at it. I rarely get more than15mph at work, and maybe up to 35mph or so, recreationally. But I figure that if I am going to upgrade the A-arms, as the "best" option of a lift which will also allow me larger tires if I want to go that far, I may as well make sure the frame etc can handle the extra stresses involved. And possibly upgrading the steering components.

I would definitely love to get your opinion, and anyone else's. Thanks!!
Lots of great questions, @ClayWelder .

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything super crazy, so the basic forward arms would work fine for you and you'd save a few bucks. BUT...........The Atlas Pro arms are definitely the best option out there. Super beefy. You'll never bend or break one....and if you do somehow....you'll have way bigger issues to worry about. Lol!

With both arms you can run up to a 31" tire. That's before adding spacers. I'm not quite sure if adding wheel spacers will effect the max tire size...but its possible because you're wider, thus pushing the wheel further into the wheel well. If you're sticking with a 28" you'll never have to worry about that. And even if you do go up to a 31" with wheel spacers and find some rubbing....it will be very minimal, if at all, and only in the most extreme situations.
Its a good time to go through all the bushings, bearings, and ball joints while doing this so you can knock it all out at once with good fresh parts.

For axles, definitely go with the Rhino 2.0. Easily the best bang for the buck out there. Can't beat them.

Ball joints....our HD ball joints are awesome. Keller's are awesome too. Either way you go, you can't lose.

For the frame stiffener, I highly recommend it. The Pioneer frame tabs are notoriously weak and flimsy. That should suffice, and you wouldn't have to worry about the weld in gusset kit I wouldn't think.

For wheel spacers, I'd always go wider unless you are limited to a certain width by trails or by your trailer. I've ran wheel spacers on every machine I've had.

I think I answered everything you asked. Pretty sure. If I missed something, I'm always here checking in. Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything or if you are going to pull the trigger and want the forum member discount code.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I think I have it all covered.

66a5bb89-385e-442f-b487-b9d51016be59_text.gif

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything super crazy, so the basic forward arms would work fine for you and you'd save a few bucks. BUT...........The Atlas Pro arms are definitely the best option out there. Super beefy. You'll never bend or break one....and if you do somehow....you'll have way bigger issues to worry about. Lol!

With both arms you can run up to a 31" tire. That's before adding spacers. I'm not quite sure if adding wheel spacers will effect the max tire size...but its possible because you're wider, thus pushing the wheel further into the wheel well. If you're sticking with a 28" you'll never have to worry about that. And even if you do go up to a 31" with wheel spacers and find some rubbing....it will be very minimal, if at all, and only in the most extreme situations.
Its a good time to go through all the bushings, bearings, and ball joints while doing this so you can knock it all out at once with good fresh parts.

For axles, definitely go with the Rhino 2.0. Easily the best bang for the buck out there. Can't beat them.

Ball joints....our HD ball joints are awesome. Keller's are awesome too. Either way you go, you can't lose.

For the frame stiffener, I highly recommend it. The Pioneer frame tabs are notoriously weak and flimsy. That should suffice, and you wouldn't have to worry about the weld in gusset kit I wouldn't think.

For wheel spacers, I'd always go wider unless you are limited to a certain width by trails or by your trailer. I've ran wheel spacers on every machine I've had.

I think I answered everything you asked. Pretty sure. If I missed something, I'm always here checking in. Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything or if you are going to pull the trigger and want the forum member discount code.

Just rewatched Animal House.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm waiting for @SuperATV to sponsor me so his bold claims are proven on Hondasxs.com

All joking aside, SuperATV parts are pretty tough. I want the atlas front arms but SuperATV just warrantied my bent SuperATV front a-arms and they saw some s***. Over 2500 miles with 30s and Elkas.

Last edited:
ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm waiting for @SuperATV to sponsor me so his bold claims are proven on Hondasxs.com

All joking aside, SuperATV parts are pretty tough. I want the atlas front arms but SuperATV just warrantied my bent SuperATV front a-arms and they saw some s***. Over 2500 miles with 30s and Elkas.
NICE!!

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thank you for the long winded reply!! I like details, its my kind of thing. I think that the regular A-arms, and the HD ball joints will probably be enough, although I like the fact that the Keller ball joints are greaseable and rebuildable. I have the frame stiffener already, I never mounted it because I need to do a lot of grinding to get the slots and holes to line up. Evidently, it is "known" to sometimes need a lot of "massaging" to get it to fit properly, plus I will need to trim my skid plates. Maybe later in the year, as I am out working on the pipeline for the time being lols. And I have wheel spacers in 2" already.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

OK, my question is what are the max CV angle differences between the stock angles and the Rhino 2.0?

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, my question is what are the max CV angle differences between the stock angles and the Rhino 2.0?
I am not sure what OE max is but @SuperATV describes theirs as:

Rhino 2.0 Lasts Longer
With Rhino 2.0 Axles installed on your Honda Pioneer 1000, you can take on wilder trails. SuperATV’s Rhino 2.0 Axles combine maximized shafts and CVs with heavy-duty 4340 steel that’s heat treated for superior strength and longevity. The result is a heavy-duty axle that can handle 40°+ angles without binding or overheating and can handle massive torque without breaking. That means you can ride with a lead foot and a smile on your face. Rhino 2.0 is built for that .

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure what OE max is but @SuperATV describes theirs as:

Rhino 2.0 Lasts Longer
With Rhino 2.0 Axles installed on your Honda Pioneer 1000, you can take on wilder trails. SuperATV’s Rhino 2.0 Axles combine maximized shafts and CVs with heavy-duty 4340 steel that’s heat treated for superior strength and longevity. The result is a heavy-duty axle that can handle 40°+ angles without binding or overheating and can handle massive torque without breaking. That means you can ride with a lead foot and a smile on your face. Rhino 2.0 is built for that .
The reason for my question is that the eye to eye length on stock P1k5 shocks is 20” how in the world are the TTC A-arms giving a 3 or 6” lift without putting the CV joints in a bind? Additionally, why does SATV recommend using stops on the steering rack make sense when the stock A-arms don’t need them. Seems to me that the stock A-arms (front) actually have the spindles a little rear of center so if the max cv angle is greater with the Rhino 2.0 axles, why are the steering stops required? I like the fact that I can turn a lot tighter than the Polaris machines that I’m normally riding with.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The reason for my question is that the eye to eye length on stock P1k5 shocks is 20” how in the world are the TTC A-arms giving a 3 or 6” lift without putting the CV joints in a bind? Additionally, why does SATV recommend using stops on the steering rack make sense when the stock A-arms don’t need them. Seems to me that the stock A-arms (front) actually have the spindles a little rear of center so if the max cv angle is greater with the Rhino 2.0 axles, why are the steering stops required? I like the fact that I can turn a lot tighter than the Polaris machines that I’m normally riding with.
As for the steering stops I didn't install them when I installed my SuperATV arms. At full turn the tie rod would touch the brake line. I rerouted both brake lines and haven't had any trouble. I have stock axles

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was under the impression @SuperATV recommended the stops when installing their arms. Their arms add the arch for clearance but also move the wheel position forward. So the axles now have a different angle than OEM arms. The steering stops are then meant to protect axles, arm rub, CV bind, ect.. Most people I see on here do not use the steering stops. I use them for peace of mind. I can say from experience you do lose a bit of tight cornering ability.

As far as the TTC arms go, I think they highly recommend rhino axles. I do not have personal experience with TTC. Most people on the forum would not recommend any lift. Unless it is absolutely required to ride where you live.

Reactions: Rayger143

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!