P1000 School me snow plows

R

rickoshea

I plow quite a bit here with my 2016 P1000-3. After going through MANY synthetic cables (wire cables are not an option!!!!!) I took a 2" tow strap and cut it to about 10 feet and just taped it to my cable and once it goes around the winch once it holds itself in place. (thus if I do something foolish, I can still have my winch when I need it) The tow strap has lasted 2 winters and still isn't showing any wear.
what plow are you using that it trashes cables like that?

B

bh1332

Mar 13, 2019
Wyoming
Just ordered a 2020 P1000-3D. Putting a plow on it, going with 72" Moose with quick detach front mount per dealer suggestion. If there is something better under $2000 I will reconsider as machine will not be in until mid Oct. Coming from a Can AM 800 with matching 60" plow which was not without its faults...like detaching from the mounts in the middle of a plowing session. Ugh. All advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Are you pretty happy with your 72" quick detach front mount plow? Is it the RM-4 or RM-5? I recall reading one guy's review saying he bent his front mount Moose plow attachment system due to the power of the Honda Pioneer 1000.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 72" Moose and now it has been a couple season since the original post. When I scrape it is up 4 miles of pavement. Wears out steel blades fast, so upgrade to UHMW blades.

I did bend the pivot assembly because i hit a burried curb and had the kickouts set to stiff. Powersports had me a new one in 2 days for $75.

I would buy it again.

Reactions: bh1332

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!