P700m4 Scosche Grab Handles - Clamp Sizes

T

Tim-o

Mar 26, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi all:
As feedback to other club members who might consider putting a Scosche grab handle on their ROPS, the grab handle/base IMO is well designed and high quality, although expensive. It must be used with clamps which are specially designed to fit the base, and which must be purchased separately, also expensive. If you are putting the clamp on the roll bar of a Pioneer 700-4, I recommend that you purchase a clamp size bigger than the 1.625” diameter, as that size didn’t work for me, although it is the correct size as measured on the roll bar. The 1.625” clamp I purchased was close to fitting but only 1 of the 2 prongs of the clamp would fully insert into the base of the handle and do the final “snap” into place that the Sosche design requires, even when I fashioned a strong nylon rope tourniquet around the bar and handle with a pipe inserted in the loop and began twisting it. I put so much constricting pressure on the assembly that, after I finally gave up and tried to remove the ill-fitting handle/clamp assembly from the roll bar, the 1 prong of the clamp that did snap into the base wouldn’t budge, even when I put my full weight on it and yanked repeatedly — nothing. I finally had to use a small crowbar and a lot of pressure to separate that side of the clamp from the handle base so I could get the assembly off my roll bar. Scraped up the grab handle a bit. Totally wrecked the 2 clamps. $25.98 for 2 clamps - down the hole.
I’ll purchase the next larger size clamps, 1.75”, and see if that works. Another $25.98.
Best regards,
Tim-o

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi all:
As feedback to other club members who might consider putting a Scosche grab handle on their ROPS, the grab handle/base IMO is well designed and high quality, although expensive. It must be used with clamps which are specially designed to fit the base, and which must be purchased separately, also expensive. If you are putting the clamp on the roll bar of a Pioneer 700-4, I recommend that you purchase a clamp size bigger than the 1.625” diameter, as that size didn’t work for me, although it is the correct size as measured on the roll bar. The 1.625” clamp I purchased was close to fitting but only 1 of the 2 prongs of the clamp would fully insert into the base of the handle and do the final “snap” into place that the Sosche design requires, even when I fashioned a strong nylon rope tourniquet around the bar and handle with a pipe inserted in the loop and began twisting it. I put so much constricting pressure on the assembly that, after I finally gave up and tried to remove the ill-fitting handle/clamp assembly from the roll bar, the 1 prong of the clamp that did snap into the base wouldn’t budge, even when I put my full weight on it and yanked repeatedly — nothing. I finally had to use a small crowbar and a lot of pressure to separate that side of the clamp from the handle base so I could get the assembly off my roll bar. Scraped up the grab handle a bit. Totally wrecked the 2 clamps. $25.98 for 2 clamps - down the hole.
I’ll purchase the next larger size clamps, 1.75”, and see if that works. Another $25.98.
Best regards,
Tim-o
Good to know....👍

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!