Scotty

Scotty

Oct 25, 2017
Concord nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Scotty

Hey everyone,
Between a rock and a hard place and haven't bought a sxs yet.
I'm looking at a 1000-5 deluxe and the new wolverine x4.
thinking about the 2018 model to avoid the issues with the fixes that Honda has on the 16-17 models. I've looked at both of them and it's a difficult choice. Any advice with the pros and cons on either machine would be appreciated.
Thanks

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No, but I am looking to buy
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Trail Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Uwharrie

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Pa
1000 would be my choice.

Reactions: Scotty
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Texas

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Scotty

Hey everyone,
Between a rock and a hard place and haven't bought a sxs yet.
I'm looking at a 1000-5 deluxe and the new wolverine x4.
thinking about the 2018 model to avoid the issues with the fixes that Honda has on the 16-17 models. I've looked at both of them and it's a difficult choice. Any advice with the pros and cons on either machine would be appreciated.
Thanks

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No, but I am looking to buy
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Trail Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Uwharrie
Think it all depends on belt drive and a transmission issue all the Honda 18 guys are reporting no issues, my 16 failed within a couple of weeks. I think the Honda transmission will be the long haul! I believe Honda has got it figured out. And have done up grades at no charge.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from North Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome Scotty.
It's going to be depend on what you want to do with the rig and exactly what you're looking for out of one. Both are very good but each is slightly better at a couple things.
I tried to be 100% honest with open eyes either way I do have a lot of time in a pioneer and it wasn't just a little course in the wolverine, we rode it hard in our normal spot in the woods so I believe it was a pretty good comparison. The two things that stood out to me the most were just how quiet the wolverine was but it seemed to have a real lack of power compared to the Honda. I came ready to sign papers and trade in our 700 Wolverine but since decided not to.its a fine machine but not for me unless we truly need extra seats in addition to the Pioneer. There were other differences so if you want to read the article more that might help your decision. Good luck, hope you get the Honda but if not it'd be nice to here your thoughts so please post:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon21
Scotty

Scotty

Oct 25, 2017
Concord nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome Scotty.
It's going to be depend on what you want to do with the rig and exactly what you're looking for out of one. Both are very good but each is slightly better at a couple things.
I tried to be 100% honest with open eyes either way I do have a lot of time in a pioneer and it wasn't just a little course in the wolverine, we rode it hard in our normal spot in the woods so I believe it was a pretty good comparison. The two things that stood out to me the most were just how quiet the wolverine was but it seemed to have a real lack of power compared to the Honda. I came ready to sign papers and trade in our 700 Wolverine but since decided not to.its a fine machine but not for me unless we truly need extra seats in addition to the Pioneer. There were other differences so if you want to read the article more that might help your decision. Good luck, hope you get the Honda but if not it'd be nice to here your thoughts so please post:)

Thanks for info. I'm picking up a 2018 1000-5 deluxe called the dealer here today asked for a hard top,winch, and a two piece windshield. Picking it up Saturday morning. So hopefully we will meet on the trail some day.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for info. I'm picking up a 2018 1000-5 deluxe called the dealer here today asked for a hard top,winch, and a two piece windshield. Picking it up Saturday morning. So hopefully we will meet on the trail some day.
Congratulations!!! Man that's cool I think you'll like it.
RRB in Tennessee there is a big group ride in April called Takeover. Not too far from you maybe you can make it. Great event lots of good people , love to see ya there!
Make sure you post pictures when you get it we're all picture whores on the site lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
OW HAPPY DAYS will follow!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

Scotty

Scotty

Oct 25, 2017
Concord nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it today and put 18 miles on it and love everything about it. I'm sure I made the right decision.

IMG 5456 IMG 5459

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!