P700 Seat belt wiring

S

SM05

Mar 27, 2019
VA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi guys,

Looking into one of those seat belt bypass kit just for 700 model. Trying to locate seat belt wiring where it'd plug in to. Could someone point me at a picture or diagram please? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hi guys,

Looking into one of those seat belt bypass kit just for 700 model. Trying to locate seat belt wiring where it'd plug in to. Could someone point me at a picture or diagram please? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
@Hondasxs I bet Richard can make one if he doesnt already have them in the store.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
Yeah they are in the store after all. Go check it out. Tons of cool stuff in there.

Screenshot 20200721 213730 Samsung Internet Screenshot 20200721 213737 Samsung Internet

Reactions: Hondasxs
S

SM05

Mar 27, 2019
VA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks, I saw that. I popped the seat bench and look around under the rubber flap to see if I could identify where that seat belt wire is. Didn't see it. That's what I was looking for - some help identifying the wire, may be a picture or diagram. Thanks again.

Reactions: Bastardchild
S

SM05

Mar 27, 2019
VA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, Its behind the seat. In the center between the air box and the seat under the plastic.

Got it. I'd need to remove some of those push pins to get it exposed, assuming I'm on the right track now. Thanks!

Reactions: 1811tactical
Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just did mine this week. On the 2020 it was slightly different location from what the video in the club store shows.

Yes, unless you got tiny fingers and quadruple jointed - you will need to remove a bunch of the plastic clips.

Mine was located on the rear side of the frame behind the seats. The OEM clip is mounted on the backside of the frame, so I could not pull it off to get a better look or better access to it. My tip after several attempts; if you come at it from the passenger side with your small screwdriver, it is easier to depress the tab to unlock the fitting before pulling it apart.

I did not get a picture - Actually I tried, but the space was limited enough I could not get my phone behind the frame.

Good luck -

Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
and another tip... I ended up with five extra plastic clips when it was all put back together. Make note of the clips you find in the inconspicuous places.

I am considering getting a GoPro just so I can see where all these little things came from next time I end up with extras.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and another tip... I ended up with five extra plastic clips when it was all put back together. Make note of the clips you find in the inconspicuous places.

I am considering getting a GoPro just so I can see where all these little things came from next time I end up with extras.
weight reduction....so long as it doesn't become an annoying rattle

Reactions: Joshua2639
Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would not be able to tell the difference! I have not eliminated the OEM rattles yet.

That is really forward thinking of Honda to build in small projects like the rattle corrections to get new owner DIY confidence with simple projects.
Project 1- Rattle Mod
Project 2- Vent lines Mod
**Level unlocked: Qualified DYI Mechanic**

1811tactical

1811tactical

Jul 15, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just did mine this week. On the 2020 it was slightly different location from what the video in the club store shows.

Yes, unless you got tiny fingers and quadruple jointed - you will need to remove a bunch of the plastic clips.

Mine was located on the rear side of the frame behind the seats. The OEM clip is mounted on the backside of the frame, so I could not pull it off to get a better look or better access to it. My tip after several attempts; if you come at it from the passenger side with your small screwdriver, it is easier to depress the tab to unlock the fitting before pulling it apart.

I did not get a picture - Actually I tried, but the space was limited enough I could not get my phone behind the frame.

Good luck -
Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!