BOX1

P700 Seat Seperating, plus what to replace battery with?

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Good Morning,
I am typing this while my 700 battery charges, I replaced the factory when it died this week with a Interstate, I must have gotten one that is too weak as I have to charge it to start, it has been single digits a couple of nights, but that was not a problem with the factory. My first question is what battery do you run, would love to upgrade to a small truck battery but lack wielding skills to make a battery box for under the seat. If anyone has time to make me one I would be interested in buying one!

2nd Question is with my seat, it is separating with the foam coming off,,,what glue should I use to re-glue it? Good time to bring it in by the fire and put the clamps to it!!

thanks
longbeards wv

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey.... I replaced my stock battery with a "MOTOBATT" battery model MBYZ16HD. This is a 240 CCA - 16.5 AH battery. It has been a very good upgrade and handles my accessories fine.
As far as your battery problems...Interstate battery is a very good battery. I run them in all my vehicles. If it is fully charged..and..there is no power drain within your electrical system with the key off...then it may be a faulty battery, even though it is new. You may want to have it tested.
Not sure about how to fix your seat problems...
I can offer a link to some real nice seat covers---->Sportsman Camo Covers | Camouflage Truck Seat Covers - Sportsman Camo Covers
You can call them and ask about their seat covers for your P700. They make a nice set for the bottom cushion and back cushion. In Black or Camo. Tell them you are a member of HONDASXS Club.
I have a set of the Black ones and I really like them.

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
A lot of people early on had trouble with the seat and the stitching. Especially the 2014
I bought the Honda seat covers and they are tuff
Me and my dog stand on them,kids muddy feet.
And the Blood comes out:)
My battery is still stock as well. And in the past few weeks I have been seeing 2014 pioneer battery posts.I guess I better get the trickle charge on mine and start shopping as well.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Is it your bottom seat section or the back part
IT is the bottom and back part of the seat,,,bought a tube of Gorilla glue,,,,have it in the basement by the woodstove with 6 clamps on it,,,if that doesent hold I may try one of the seat covers suggested!!

I put a Bike Master Tru Gels in,,,hope that takes care of the battery issue!!

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLYS!!

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Deleted the small motorcycle battery and installed a Red Top Optima. Never ever a worry while running the winch, lights, heater and 12v seat heater.
Take your buggy to a welding/muffler shop and have them build a battery box for you. That's what I did and it didn't cost that much.

While it was at the muffler shop building the battery box, I also had them install a generator muffler inline with the Yoshimura pipe to quite the buggy down and that it did. I swear it runs better! Total cost of muffler and battery install with parts and labor? 360.00 I thought I got a great deal.

20180105 1006551
Resized 20180111 105856

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually if you wanted to you shouldn't need to weld it at all. I put a ammo can in the location Vato is showing above with his battery. I just added a flat piece of metal to support it on the bottom. I screwed into the inner frame rail and made it long enough to support on the outside rocker rail. If I didn't like it I wanted to be able to remove it. I actually like the extra storage under the seat, so I replaced the battery with a Yuasa YTX20H-BS in the factory location. The spot is big enough for it but you have to remove a little plastic piece in the bottom of the battery trail. I can't tell you why they used such a small battery, but after 2 years of tough starting when it is cold, this battery has been a game changer. Along time ago I came across a thread that said the Canadian models actually come with a bigger battery. I guess the cold weather stops at border.

B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Actually if you wanted to you shouldn't need to weld it at all. I put a ammo can in the location Vato is showing above with his battery. I just added a flat piece of metal to support it on the bottom. I screwed into the inner frame rail and made it long enough to support on the outside rocker rail. If I didn't like it I wanted to be able to remove it. I actually like the extra storage under the seat, so I replaced the battery with a Yuasa YTX20H-BS in the factory location. The spot is big enough for it but you have to remove a little plastic piece in the bottom of the battery trail. I can't tell you why they used such a small battery, but after 2 years of tough starting when it is cold, this battery has been a game changer. Along time ago I came across a thread that said the Canadian models actually come with a bigger battery. I guess the cold weather stops at border.
tjoreo,
it the YTX20H-BS better than the YTX14H-BS that their website tells me my pioneer 700 needs?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
tjoreo,
it the YTX20H-BS better than the YTX14H-BS that their website tells me my pioneer 700 needs?
According to Yuasa the 20 has about 65 Percent more cranking amps vs the 14. 310cc vs 200cc. It is also a 18 Amp hr vs 12 Amp hr, so it should run longer with moderate accessories vs the 14. I had alot of trouble starting my 700 when the temp hit below 0 F. When it would crank over with the stock battery the voltage would drop to 10 or below. It would take me a good 5 minutes (not exaggerating) and alot of foul words to get it going. I did quite abit of research and found if the voltage drops that low it actually turns off the spark and fuel so in theory, there is no way to get it going. I contemplated the dual battery setup, but with the accessories I had planned, I didn't know if I needed 2 batteries. I found alot of the early Rincons had the same problem and to solve this they put the bigger battery in. The Canada 700 actually came with a GYZ16H but the 20 is about the same size (just a little taller) and actually fits in the hole with a little bit of whittling on the little divider peace. It has suited me well last winter, but this winter we actually haven't hit freezing more then a couple of times. Hopefully that helps you decide. The bigger optimum or car battery is definitely the best, but this has worked for me.

Reactions: The Welder
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
According to Yuasa the 20 has about 65 Percent more cranking amps vs the 14. 310cc vs 200cc. It is also a 18 Amp hr vs 12 Amp hr, so it should run longer with moderate accessories vs the 14. I had alot of trouble starting my 700 when the temp hit below 0 F. When it would crank over with the stock battery the voltage would drop to 10 or below. It would take me a good 5 minutes (not exaggerating) and alot of foul words to get it going. I did quite abit of research and found if the voltage drops that low it actually turns off the spark and fuel so in theory, there is no way to get it going. I contemplated the dual battery setup, but with the accessories I had planned, I didn't know if I needed 2 batteries. I found alot of the early Rincons had the same problem and to solve this they put the bigger battery in. The Canada 700 actually came with a GYZ16H but the 20 is about the same size (just a little taller) and actually fits in the hole with a little bit of whittling on the little divider peace. It has suited me well last winter, but this winter we actually haven't hit freezing more then a couple of times. Hopefully that helps you decide. The bigger optimum or car battery is definitely the best, but this has worked for me.
tjoreo,
wow awesome details !! going to replace my battery this spring probably going to go with GYZ16H or the YTX20H-BS. thanks again for your help!!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your welcome. Enjoy the 700. They have a few downfalls, but they really are a very nice machine.

Reactions: Deluxe700
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Your welcome. Enjoy the 700. They have a few downfalls, but they really are a very nice machine.
tjoreo,
I have no problem with mine so far! I have had it now for a 1 and half years and have 1,700 miles on it. I live in a golf cart friendly town that allows golf cart and sxs to travel the roads as long as we have turn signals horns and slow moving sign on back. we use our pioneer 700-4 everyday during the summer I back the kid and dog in the back seat to travel the roads! this spring im going to add the EZ STEER power steering kit cant wait.

Reactions: Deluxe700
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
tjoreo,
I have no problem with mine so far! I have had it now for a 1 and half years and have 1,700 miles on it. I live in a golf cart friendly town that allows golf cart and sxs to travel the roads as long as we have turn signals horns and slow moving sign on back. we use our pioneer 700-4 everyday during the summer I back the kid and dog in the back seat to travel the roads! this spring im going to add the EZ STEER power steering kit cant wait.
EZ Steer is definitely worth the money and a very worthwhile upgrade. Enjoy.

Reactions: bigbruse
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
tjoreo,
The EZ Steer kit is probably my favorite upgrade I've done to date. I will never consider another machine w/o power steering!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

FWIW...I used this stuff to build my battery box. No welding, cheap, easy to bend and bolt together, can get it about anywhere. Can make it fit any size battery. Also used it for a tray to mount my tire jack under the seat.
Angle

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Wish I would have thought of that but it was a spur of the moment decision I made to get it done while something else was being done!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!