P500 Second Battery Placement?

BigRol

BigRol

Jun 11, 2021
Cape Breton NS
Ownership

1. 500
Hi All, Is there any other spot on the 520 where a second battery can be mounted except for under hood ( I'm installing a tray) or under the seat (was planning on storage there also) Any one try between the seat and dump box? any other suggestions or scratch my under seat storage and put it there. Thanks

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My vote would be to scratch the under seat storage. Not a big fan of using under the hood for either one either. Anything you have to take apart for access to out on the trail is a pita. Put a dry box on the back, easy access and lockable. Under the hood is valuable real estate for EPS, glove box and electrical. Under the seat is perfect for the second battery, shorter run to the stocker and shorter run for your winch.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I'm inclined to agree with Trigger in that using an underseat storage would probably be a pain in the butt. However, you could still likely use an underseat storage if you were still adamant about it if you went with a setup like mine.

End of post #5 and beginning of #6.

Reactions: hallic and trigger
BigRol

BigRol

Jun 11, 2021
Cape Breton NS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys, under the seat it is. Makes sense when you think about it. Great little machine but man sometimes I wonder if the designer had one too many sake in him. The roof, shield and winch went on quicker then the license plate and mirrors (passenger side mirror gone) At least I'm not worried about scratching it anymore! still looking for a place to mount the go-pro places to mount a go-pro. Take care.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys, under the seat it is. Makes sense when you think about it. Great little machine but man sometimes I wonder if the designer had one too many sake in him. The roof, shield and winch went on quicker then the license plate and mirrors (passenger side mirror gone) At least I'm not worried about scratching it anymore! still looking for a place to mount the go-pro places to mount a go-pro. Take care.
I've done the trash can under the seat which adds some storage for stuff you don't need to get to frequently and it looks like it has left plenty of room for a second battery when I get to adding one.

Edited to add mines a P5 but I assume they are the same in that area.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
place to mount the go-pro

I have a cheap action cam of some brand or other (forgot what it was), double-sided 3M taped one of the mounts to the top of the "shelf" of the lower section of the flip-up windshield.
Works ok, windshield down (and clean) and it can see through without any blur, windshield at partial-open and it sits right in the way of the cam, but fully-open works great.
Added in usb-power plug in the dash to keep it running longer than its tiny battery can do and over-all, works out pretty good.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!