Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Went through the search function and couldn't find any threads regarding second service on the 500. I just ordered up all the crap last night for a Spring tune up which consists of:
Royal Purple 10w30 Max Cycle oil, going full synthetic now.
Royal Purple 75w-140 gear oil, don't really need it but going thicker, used 90 last time.
Honda oil filter
No Toil Fast air filter, I'll clean and oil the old one so I'll always have one ready to go.
NGK Iridium IX spark plug, never had a problem starting or fouling but these are good plugs.
Anything I'm missing that might need attention? Coolant should be good for another couple of years right?

D

Deleted member 3748

Went through the search function and couldn't find any threads regarding second service on the 500. I just ordered up all the crap last night for a Spring tune up which consists of:
Royal Purple 10w30 Max Cycle oil, going full synthetic now.
Royal Purple 75w-140 gear oil, don't really need it but going thicker, used 90 last time.
Honda oil filter
No Toil Fast air filter, I'll clean and oil the old one so I'll always have one ready to go.
NGK Iridium IX spark plug, never had a problem starting or fouling but these are good plugs.
Anything I'm missing that might need attention? Coolant should be good for another couple of years right?

Looks good. Do you have oil filter cover o-rings in stock? I think a valve inspection is part of the second service too. For me, that involves noticing if it's running well or not. If it's running well, they passed inspection. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good. Do you have oil filter cover o-rings in stock? I think a valve inspection is part of the second service too. For me, that involves noticing if it's running well or not. If it's running well, they passed inspection. :)

I never had any problem losing or pinching mine on the first service...now watch I'll screw it up. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I never had any problem losing or pinching mine on the first service...now watch I'll screw it up. :rolleyes:
I think it's under $3 for both. Pick them up the next time you place an order so you have them. It's a bummer watching that oil leak out of the cover and no way to fix it.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!