BOX1

Seems Loud!

nhw

nhw

Mar 7, 2023
North Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Joined the forum just now. I bought a 2023 Honda Pioneer 700-2 after looking far and wide for one. It has a roof, windshield and large light bar. Love it so far all 23 miles. Even finally got the correct time on the clock. Too bad daylight savings time is this weekend. Only thing I wonder about is the engine noise. Not rattling or squeaking but the exhaust noise seems pretty significant. Much past 8 mph it seems quite loud to me. I wear ear muffs or ear plugs while driving. Is the exhaust noise normal? Is there a quieter muffler available?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Joined the forum just now. I bought a 2023 Honda Pioneer 700-2 after looking far and wide for one. It has a roof, windshield and large light bar. Love it so far all 23 miles. Even finally got the correct time on the clock. Too bad daylight savings time is this weekend. Only thing I wonder about is the engine noise. Not rattling or squeaking but the exhaust noise seems pretty significant. Much past 8 mph it seems quite loud to me. I wear ear muffs or ear plugs while driving. Is the exhaust noise normal? Is there a quieter muffler available?
Welcome from NW Arkansas! Where you from? There will be some P7 owners along that can answer your questions.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought a 2023 Honda Pioneer 700-2
Welcome from the once great state Of Michigan now run by radical Leftist!

2 things we need before going further.
first we need pics. Its Rule #4 when you join so that means….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Second, got to fix the location in your avitar. A State doesn't have a 4 digit number

As stated by others, yes they are loud, there a side by side. If u want quiet, buy a Jeep it Bronco.

nhw

nhw

Mar 7, 2023
North Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
That is it. Setting up my registration I entered a zip code instead ofa state. Actually my phone autofilled my zip code for location. Farm is 218 acres about 30 miles south of Tupelo. Live in Memphis but spend significant amounts of time at farm. Got the Pioneer because it is too tough to move chainsaw, brush cutter, pole saw, gas, bar oil and other tools around in areas when the road in 20 years overgrown.

Screenshot 20230307 210111 Gallery

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from south FL

Nice rig 👍
Yes, they can be a little loud especially after having the roof and windshield closed. I'm sure someone with more P7 knowledge can answer if there's a quieter muffler/exhaust for it though.

Good luck and enjoy it 👍

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Ohio. yes they are loud but you get used to it. your basically sitting on the motor and from what I have seen here the aftermarket Mufflers aren't really much better. Be glad you aren't running a full cab 😂. Nice buggy and enjoy the best forum.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State (not to be confused with being a great state though....unless you're a commie).

#NTC

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Some discussion here

FWIW on my P520 (which I am still waiting for!) I have collected the following:
-Sound barrier to go below and behind seats (edit: Quick Shield as linked in next post)
-Sound dampening material as used under auto hoods to go on underside of top (may help with heat from sun too)
-Regear primary drive to reduce cruising rpm (your P700 already has a taller final drive than the P520)
-Going to try a Honda CRF450 oem muffler that I have on the shelf either to replace P520 silencer or in series (mounted sideways just below aftermarket rear bumper)
-Looking at shielding final drive to reduce gear noise (without affecting differential temperature, so tricky)
-Adding intake resonator from 520 ATV

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This is what I use in a Pioneer 1000. It quiets it down to a tolerable level.

I tried gluing insulation to the entire inside of the cab, roof, and floor. Minimal improvement.

Last edited:
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a secondary muffler on mine. The Silent Rider® ATV & UTV Exhaust Silencer | 1-866-EXHAUST
Others claim a reduced power level but if it is I don’t notice it, if you are going to ride at altitude make sure you select the high altitude one. I have ridden at 12,000 feet, you are not going to climb a steep grade but I don’t think a 700 would at altitude anyway. If you are thinking of adding a snorkel it will also make your machine louder as you will probably be removing the baffles in your air box

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Welcome from the state that delivered fetterman and Levine to DC.

Club car electric solves the problem….these are off road vehicles that make noise, are dusty, cold in the winter, hot in the summer……

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from west central FL. On my p5 I have 1. Silent runner 2. Trigger shield for heat and sound 3. Foam panels for interior of roof not installed yet. Number 1& 2 have help to the point wife and I can carry a conversation now. Trigger shield works well for heat. Enjoy...

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you are thinking of adding a snorkel
Shouldnt be thinking about adding, He should be adding! The best Insurance mod every P1,P7,P5 owner should do

Last edited:
Reactions: FJC 79 and trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!