P500 Seizmik Versa Vent Windshield review

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Around 6 months ago I bought a windshield for the 500. I had selected the Seizmik Versa Vent based on my looking at many windshields on line. For better or worse that is what I have and thought I would give a review based on my experiences for all the others out there considering a windshield of any make or possibly this particular make.

Pro's
I like the vents they do defog the windshield quickly. They do keep the riders a little cooler on warm days. On hot days nope.
Seizmik says the windshield is scratch resistant. I have found this to be true. It is not hard coated but so far after a lots of limb slapping and trail hazards no scratches. I will qualify this in that we are not hard core off roaders or high speed riders. Your experience might vary if yo ride differently.
The windshield seemed well made as it came from the box but more on this in the cons section.
I have contacted Seizmik since installing and they were prompt to reply and try to help.
Fairly easy to install.

Cons
The biggest con I have is the fit. I have the Honda roof plastic version and Seizmik says the windshield is cut to fit this. And it is somewhat. The fit however is not good. Way to tight to the point that the roof pushes the windshield down and off the dash. I constantly have to push it back but the roof pushed the windshield down the attachment points on the roll cage. I have loosened and moved this back into place many times but it will not stay. It is worse on the right side.
Second where the windshield is notched to clear the roll cage at the bend just above the dash there is no clearance. It simply is not cut right. It had no clearance as it came. I made some rough changes with a Dremel and a sanding wheel and will make more and cleaner changes soon.

Overall I guess as far as the main purpose of the windshield it is OK. However the fit is way to tight. They need to have the tolerances at the roof line and the roll cages at the windshield bend more generous. I will be taking the windshield off soon for the spring riding before spider time sets in here in the Ozarks. At that time I will make some Dremel tool adjustments to make the fit less tight so it stays where it is supposed to.
Based on my experiences on a scale of 1-10 I will be generous and give it a 5. If I knew how it was going to turn out would I buy it again or recommend it. Probably not. For what they cost they should IMO be a bolt on and go without problem accessory.

L

larrybud

May 20, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you for taking the time to write this up. I'm in the market and this is very helpful.

LB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!