BOX1

P500 Seller’s market

G

GreatNorth

May 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Looking for a dealer in western Canada with a P520 in stock was almost like looking for a needle in a haystack. I talked to several dealers who literally had nothing power sports in stock and weren’t sure when they could get anything. One dealer told me it’s primarily middle class families who’ve been unable to go on vacation due to COVID restrictions spending the money on power sports instead. They said they had already sold out the coming winter’s allotment of snowmobiles that they don’t even have yet. They did tell me Honda is shipping P520s to dealers with sales orders, but not committing to ship any larger SxS as they’re running at full capacity trying to catch up to sales. They figured they could have a P520 in a few weeks if I bought one. I found a few dealers that did have one or two in stock, so I passed on that offer.

I’m obviously on the wrong end of the market, but if you have an ATV to sell, it looks like now’s not a bad time to advertise.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I agree, now is a good time to sell, but I would say "don't sell anything you would regret selling" because you may end up in the worst situation, i.e., unable to make the replacement purchase
Looking for a dealer in western Canada with a P520 in stock was almost like looking for a needle in a haystack. I talked to several dealers who literally had nothing power sports in stock and weren’t sure when they could get anything. One dealer told me it’s primarily middle class families who’ve been unable to go on vacation due to COVID restrictions spending the money on power sports instead. They said they had already sold out the coming winter’s allotment of snowmobiles that they don’t even have yet. They did tell me Honda is shipping P520s to dealers with sales orders, but not committing to ship any larger SxS as they’re running at full capacity trying to catch up to sales. They figured they could have a P520 in a few weeks if I bought one. I found a few dealers that did have one or two in stock, so I passed on that offer.

I’m obviously on the wrong end of the market, but if you have an ATV to sell, it looks like now’s not a bad time to advertise.

G

GreatNorth

May 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Unsurprisingly, every dealer I talked to in BC and AB (quite a few) was pricing at MSRP plus delivery, PDI, and tax. The only differences in pricing were in delivery and PDI (a few hundred dollars variance) as well as lack of provincial sales tax in AB.

They recommended private sale vs. trade-in as they'll only pay wholesale and they're seeing +40% in the private market right now due to the shortage.

I agree with @alloutdoors regarding only selling what you won't regret. Selling at the top of the market only helps if you don't have to also buy at the top of the market--or worse, wait months to even be able to get what you're looking for.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!