The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sept11

Take a moment today to remember the victims of this horrible event 16 years ago today. Its hard to believe its been that long ago. Never forget the sacrifices that were made that day and have been made every day since....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
God bless everyone effected and the almost 3000 lives lost.

I remember walking into my collage class room and turning on the TV. Professor asked me what I was doing. We watched it for the rest if the day even after class was dismissed.

Such terrible events is sad to think anyone could do this!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was in apprenticeship class. Buddy got a text from his father that we were under attack. First time I ever new we could text. Also today marks my 9th year in business. A humbling day. For sure.
Never forget.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was up in the Arctic in Alaska guiding. We were told we weren't allowed to fly, all airspace in the US was closed. We had clients out in the bush. We flew anyways. Had to get food to all the camps and let them know what was going on.
Will never forget!

J

JTW

Hard to believe it's been 16 years!
I was a sophomore in high school sitting in Mrs Perkins geometry class when my football coach came in a turned on the tv.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Fawk, now you are making me feel old ......

Second or third day on a new job that was a big promotion. Had a meeting scheduled and instead we all watched the TV in the conference room the whole day. The most eerie sound was all the beeping from the locator beacons after the towers fell.

A lot of innocent men and women and a lot of brave, unselfish men and women lost their lives that day. Never, ever forget.

Toby Keith got it right in his song .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was on my first job alone in a customers house working on an oil furnace and she came downstairs to let me know that a plain just flew into a building! Went upstairs to see what had happened and my wife called to see if I was ok and if I was aware of it happening? As I Sat in the customers kitchen and watched the second plane hit live. What a day! Never ever forget!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sr year, I had the only TV in the house, my roommates barge in waking me up and tell me a plane hit the World Trade Center. I sit up just as the second one hits.

Reactions: JTW
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fawk, now you are making me feel old ......

Second or third day on a new job that was a big promotion. Had a meeting scheduled and instead we all watched the TV in the conference room the whole day. The most eerie sound was all the beeping from the locator beacons after the towers fell.

A lot of innocent men and women and a lot of brave, unselfish men and women lost their lives that day. Never, ever forget.

Toby Keith got it right in his song .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
16 years and it feels like yesterday...I was just coming off my practice wife and was living with my brother when it happened.
I wasn't much of a patriot at them times, but after these last 16 years I am now.
A lot of fellow Americans lost their lives from the chain of events that has followed in these 16 Short years.
My oldest son is in his 4rth week of boot camp.
We are Military all around.
I stayed clear of this thread till now but needed to rant
""It hurts me to see the people taking a knee or just sitting down during the Anthem.I wished they knew what it meant to the men and woman who gave all and the people who miss them.So that they could do stupid things for attention.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
An haunting and unsettling day etched in my memory forever (like everyone alive to see it).

I was 28 and working nights, 4 days on/off, and it was an off day for me. I needed a heater switch for my old YJ and had set my alarm early to make sure I got it done soon. Woke up to the Bob and Sheri show out of Charlotte because I knew that Sheri's voice irritated me and I would get up to shut the noise off.

She had a somewhat more serious tone that morning, and through the grogginess, i heard her say that a plane had flown into the world trade center. Nobody in the media was saying it was intentional at that time (though in retrospect, the tone she took maybe suggests she had seen video of it or something and knew what was going on but just didn't say). I remember thinking what kind of dumbass could't see one of the tallest buildings in the world?
Got dressed, stumbled to the TV and turned it on. Shortly later the second plane hit, and the whole world then knew for sure.

Sometime later 2 fighters flew over the house (western NC near the TN/NC border). They weren't supersonic, but they were hauling ass. Seems like about 45 minutes passed before they news of flight 93 crashing was announced. I'm not a conspiracy guy much anymore, but I have always wondered if 93 had a little help hitting the ground. Thanks to the braves souls on board, it wasn't going to do much damage either way.

Headed to the parts store in my old YJ. Crisp, early fall day with the doors off, listening to the radio feeds. Shortly after coming out, they announced that one of the towers had fallen while I was putting in the switch. Spent the rest of the day riding back roads listening to what was going on. Charlotte is a major banking center, and it was feared that they might be targeted, so everything closed.

I'm not 1st responder/fireman type of person. I can, and have, dove into such a situation like that when it is thrust upon me for friends and relatives, but it's not in my nature to get the urge drive hours to help total strangers. On this day, however...after the anger passed...I came oh-so close to going home and throwing a dufflebag into he Jeep and making for NY (where I have never been). Reports that it was basically impossible to get into northern Va at that point soon tempered that thought...but i felt that there was something I had to do...

I think they were surprised. As the Charlie daniels song said, we may argue amongst ourselves, but you outsiders best leave us alone. The uniting of the country was, i suspect, the total oppisite of what the goatf***ers envisioned. On that day, you weren't anything but AMERICAN.

Don't want to go political here, but there are certain groups who would like us to forget ALL ABOUT the morning of September 11th, 2001. I hope it becomes mandatory for students to watch the events of that morning so they can see that pure evil can't be reasoned with, and will know the truth.

NEVER FORGET!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to be in New York this past week for work - really wanted to get down to ground zero on 9/11. I have made a point to watch the history channels 102 min that changed America each year.

I did get a pic of the Empire State Building lit up and to the right you can make out the light from freedom tower
IMG 1493

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!