William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been very surprised with the zillas though... I always have at least 500 pounds of stuff in mine and a good bit of the time 800 or more pounds. Have had them on two UTVs and my cousin had them on a 700-4 that he abused heavily for about 1000 miles until he totaled it. Heavy weight in his too. He was going to swap those zillas to his new 700! Never any splits...

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
i never had them, the reviews for clay and snow are more like all terrains(not great for serious mud or snow), i had mega mayhems on my rhino which are rated for quite a bit, but they started doing that, i mow all the club trails a couple times a summer and get wood in the half froze swamp in the winter and that was 1000 lbs, started doing it about 5 years in. rather have the mud light 2 anyway they are great handling radial thats smooth and never get stuck in any of the clay or snow, unless i find ruts were none of the tires are touching

Reactions: Mudwing
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i never had them, the reviews for clay and snow are more like all terrains(not great for serious mud or snow), i had mega mayhems on my rhino which are rated for quite a bit, but they started doing that, i mow all the club trails a couple times a summer and get wood in the half froze swamp in the winter and that was 1000 lbs, started doing it about 5 years in. rather have the mud light 2 anyway they are great handling radial thats smooth and never get stuck in any of the clay or snow, unless i find ruts were none of the tires are touching
Mud lite 2 is not radial... Bias ply. I’ve had original mud lites and the zillas work better in mud. Mudlites ride way better though! Mudlites just don’t clean out good enough for clay mud... maybe mud lite 2 does, I don’t know... I loved my mudlite Xtr radials! That is an awesome tire.... it’s got a higher load rating too. Smooth ride too.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish I had bought mudlites or mudlite 2 though... I can’t stand the rough ride of the zilla at low speed...

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
My next set will probably be Dirt Commanders .I like the way they look , 8 ply , lightweight, I talked to some popo guys that have them and they were more than happy with them. I may be awhile the ones I have now are holding up well , no complaints.

Reactions: Mudwing and William
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My next set will probably be Dirt Commanders .I like the way they look , 8 ply , lightweight, I talked to some popo guys that have them and they were more than happy with them. I may be awhile the ones I have now are holding up well , no complaints.
I like those too, I really want a radial though. They really made my p500 ride better. I couldn’t believe the difference... These zillas won’t tear up though, so it looks like I won’t be getting new tires anytime soon... LoL...

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
only bias mud lite is the original, the twos ride and handle like the xtr, but have better clearing for clay and snow, most all i ride sticky black clay and my woods where i get get wood all year is swampy black clay, the mudlite have always been the best in this and the deep snow that i have found because its floaty and has wide openings for clearing.

tight tread stuff like the the dirt commander would get stuck in my yard in the spring let alone be able to go out on the trails and get wood, they are really made for being able to hold up to rocks and gravel, stuff like that

Reactions: Farmer and Mudwing
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
only bias mud lite is the original, the twos ride and handle like the xtr, but have better clearing for clay and snow, most all i ride sticky black clay and my woods where i get get wood all year is swampy black clay, the mudlite have always been the best in this and the deep snow that i have found because its floaty and has wide openings for clearing.

tight tread stuff like the the dirt commander would get stuck in my yard in the spring let alone be able to go out on the trails and get wood, they are really made for being able to hold up to rocks and gravel, stuff like that
They’re either bias or radial... And they are not radial...

76100996 C2DB 4AD1 8EDE C96A346686B7

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
it said it in the itp description and or reviews thats why i bought it, really like the handling of the xtr. now it only says "stabilizing cords" in some of the descriptions. doesnt really matter, what matters is it handles as good as the xtr without feeling balloony like the bias ones have

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

I live in a different area of the country so my stuff is a little different. I don't care if a tire is a radial or not if I like it. And if I do buy dirt commanders and don't like them I will take them of and pit something else on. It will be awhile though , who knows what I'll want when the time comes. For now the out backs will ride and mud with the best of them

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
consider those the same, the normal outback, bearclaw htr, they have the tractor tread wide tread for clearing and floaty, they pick you up out of the clay and deep snow, which is good when theres no bottom. would have gotten one of those but when i bought them the mud lights were cheaper.

i had the standard mudlites on my prairie and the xtrs on my can am, i went through 3-4 ft of snow in the hedges no problem, the tires pick you up and float, neighbor was pretty impressed i was eye to eye with him on his snow mobile

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree there are several that give a good result . Just depends on the tread pattern that appeals to you

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Had a good day gathering firewood today, got permission to break into the 60ish acres butting my land. Lots of dead standing oak. Took over 10 loads like this or better today, love the 700! Might make a little trailer for the woods to increase capacity a bit.

20191020 141723

After that I loaded our 4x8 trailer with the seasoned stuff and stacked a little closer to the house. Sides are 3' high.

20191020 170402

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah the 700's love to haul wood. Not sure if I posted this way back or not but here's my BIG LOAD O WOOD.......View attachment 162212 View attachment 162214
LOL...you did post that top pic way back. Just not sure where...
I only know because I saved it for some reason, and came across it a few days ago looking for some older pics.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
LOL...you did post that top pic way back. Just not sure where...
I only know because I saved it for some reason, and came across it a few days ago looking for some older pics.

Pretty sure it was at Moose's site. Creepy though that you kept it, LOL! She was brand new then, before the black plastidip etc etc.
[HASHTAG]#Ontario[/HASHTAG]

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pretty sure it was at Moose's site. Creepy though that you kept it, LOL! She was brand new then, before the black plastidip etc etc.
[HASHTAG]#Ontario[/HASHTAG]
LOL...indeed. I have a few saved of 700's with big loads on them, but i honestly don't remember why I saved them. Have my own in there as well...

IMG 3130

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will just bet they are tougher and rated for more than the stock tires though. But I wish they would wear out... I want some radials...

good luck wearing them out lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!