P500 Shift Points and Dynojet

D

dillon887

Oct 10, 2021
Denver, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have a '21 Honda Pioneer 500 that I was looking at purchasing the Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel and Ignition model for, but I have some questions. The reason I'm looking to purchase it is to change the shift points of the machine in manual mode- I use the machine to train my sleddogs (they pull the machine until there's snow for a sled) and it will automatically downshift gears once it hits a certain mph even when it's in manual mode. Looking for a product that will allow me to keep the machine in 4th or 5th gear while going around 8-9 mph and not constantly downshifting. Is the Dynojet Commander Fuel and Ignition going to allow me to do that? Was also looking at the Dynojet Power Vision 3- would that be a better choice for what I'm looking for or something else altogether?

Thanks!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a '21 Honda Pioneer 500 that I was looking at purchasing the Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel and Ignition model for, but I have some questions. The reason I'm looking to purchase it is to change the shift points of the machine in manual mode- I use the machine to train my sleddogs (they pull the machine until there's snow for a sled) and it will automatically downshift gears once it hits a certain mph even when it's in manual mode. Looking for a product that will allow me to keep the machine in 4th or 5th gear while going around 8-9 mph and not constantly downshifting. Is the Dynojet Commander Fuel and Ignition going to allow me to do that? Was also looking at the Dynojet Power Vision 3- would that be a better choice for what I'm looking for or something else altogether?

Thanks!
I think if either of those allow shift point manipulation, it would be the power vision.

Reactions: Mudder
D

dillon887

Oct 10, 2021
Denver, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Appreciate the replies! After talking with Dynojet directly, sounds like the PV3 is the way to go. Not too concerned about burning up the clutch using it at those speeds- just need less resistance for the dogs at 8-9 mph, I'm not using the throttle at all. Thanks again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!