BOX1

P1000 Shift solenoid location

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking for a detailed description of the shift solenoid location and how to access it. (I know, I need a service manual). I have the skid plate off and found the 3 oil sensors and heard its behind the clutch cover but I'm not sure of the process in taking it off.
Thank you

J

JTW

Sign up for the lifetime membership and you have access to a digital copy of the manual..

Reactions: Mudwing
R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm looking for a detailed description of the shift solenoid location and how to access it. (I know, I need a service manual). I have the skid plate off and found the 3 oil sensors and heard its behind the clutch cover but I'm not sure of the process in taking it off.
Thank you
Did you find them. Also wondering because im having an issue with my bike in low gear its not shifting properly. But high gear works. Does that make sense. Is there 2 separate solenoids for the high and low gears.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find them. Also wondering because im having an issue with my bike in low gear its not shifting properly. But high gear works. Does that make sense. Is there 2 separate solenoids for the high and low gears.
The shift solenoids are located behind the clutch cover. But they wouldn't have anything to do with high vs low shifting. What do you mean by not shifting properly in low range?

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So i can drive in high gear no problem but as soon as i put the bike in low gear i start to go and its like when its shifting from 1st gear to 2nd gear its a loud clunk and i just stop bc its not right at all. But like i said last week i did the clutch re teach thing and i tried low gear in the yard and it acually seemed like it fixed the problem i could hit the gas and probaly went into 3rd gear in the yard so i thought that i fixed it but i went for a ride down the road and i stopped to try low gear again and it went back to normal. As soon as i touchdd the gas it clunks loud.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i can drive in high gear no problem but as soon as i put the bike in low gear i start to go and its like when its shifting from 1st gear to 2nd gear its a loud clunk and i just stop bc its not right at all. But like i said last week i did the clutch re teach thing and i tried low gear in the yard and it acually seemed like it fixed the problem i could hit the gas and probaly went into 3rd gear in the yard so i thought that i fixed it but i went for a ride down the road and i stopped to try low gear again and it went back to normal. As soon as i touchdd the gas it clunks loud.
It's fine. The clunk right before each shift is the shift solenoids working. It's 100% fine. They make the same noise in your car but you just can't hear them. It's literally just the knocking of the solenoid when it engages. Mine is also slightly quieter in high. When I first got mine I thought it was the drive shaft that was loose, lol. More info if you do a search for "clunking noise".

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ill try to get a video of it. I took the seat off and it comes from the sub transmission area and when it clunks its super loud and sounds like something is literally gunna blow up. Kinda disappointed with this pioneer. Figured with a duel clutch transmission it would be better than what it is. Not sure if im to convinced with it. Bought it bc no belts anymore and fits my young family.

Reactions: Ryan Dorsey
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ill try to get a video of it. I took the seat off and it comes from the sub transmission area and when it clunks its super loud and sounds like something is literally gunna blow up. Kinda disappointed with this pioneer. Figured with a duel clutch transmission it would be better than what it is. Not sure if im to convinced with it. Bought it bc no belts anymore and fits my young family.
See if you can take a video. The problem that I had turned out to be a broken wire from shotty dealer techs when they did the clutch update. They didn't fasten the wire harness back up and the wires rubbed on the drive shaft. I have over 7,400miles trouble free miles.

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
See if you can take a video. The problem that I had turned out to be a broken wire from shotty dealer techs when they did the clutch update. They didn't fasten the wire harness back up and the wires rubbed on the drive shaft. I have over 7,400miles trouble free miles.
How do i add a video. Says its to large of file. I cut it to 10 secs too.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do i add a video. Says its to large of file. I cut it to 10 secs too.
Upload your video files to youtube, copy/paste the link here. IT will auto insert the video to your post.

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Weird eh. Also like i said i reteached the clutch couple weeks ago and it stoped doing it in the yard and i went for a ride and tried low gear and it was back to this.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No bueno...

It doesn't do this in high??? I'd suspect that Low range in the sub transmission is effed.

T

T-County

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just curious. I've read that the voltage has everything to do with shifting. One video touched on having dual batteries. Think that might be a possibility ?

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm just curious. I've read that the voltage has everything to do with shifting. One video touched on having dual batteries. Think that might be a possibility ?
So when i had it in the shop im pretty sure the mechanic was talking about possible short somwhere or talked about a relay possibly. Its got the original battery and i have a voltage meter on the dash shows 14.2 volts while running.

T

T-County

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So when i had it in the shop im pretty sure the mechanic was talking about possible short somwhere or talked about a relay possibly. Its got the original battery and i have a voltage meter on the dash shows 14.2 volts while running.

T

T-County

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
gotcha. I was just putting that out there

J

JTW

You need to quit driving it. How long has it done this? If you disconnect the shift fork cable and manually put it into gear will it still do it?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!