P700 Shifter cover for 700-4 deluxe?

H

Hodag73

Sep 12, 2019
Rhinelander, WI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does anyone make a shorter cover for a 700-4 deluxe 2018 like Montana does in the Pioneer 1000 threads? So much cold air comes in the shifter, break and wheel drive holes. New to forum’s but could not find anything like his, only the idea of using a shift boot.

Reactions: Farmer and Suerocks

2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Sep 28, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a simple and good looking solution for the cold air coming in through the shifter levers in my Pioneer 1000-5but this would apply to any Pioneer. You can get shifter lever boots on ebay for $6-8 each. I two, trimmed the 4WD lever boot to 5.5" since it comes long and left the trans shifter boot original length. Then loosen the 5mm bolt at each shifter, remove the rubber shifter knob (pull and wiggle or shoot compressed air under to loosen it) slip the boot over the lever and with two std screw drivers gently pry and tuck the boot in the crack btw the dash and inner plastic. Replace the knob (fill w the knob hole w water and shake out for a good short term lubricant to get the knob on). Before you start tucking, be sure the boot has enough slack to allow full range of shifting. Looks great and works great. I have NO IDEA why Honda's don't come with these.... it is such a simple, effective and attractive solution.

Honda Pioneer shifter boots

D

dplude

Sep 20, 2021
duluth mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
do you recall the shifter lever boot model or type you used specifically? Great idea! thanks for sharing!

Suerocks

Suerocks

May 20, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anyone make a shorter cover for a 700-4 deluxe 2018 like Montana does in the Pioneer 1000 threads? So much cold air comes in the shifter, break and wheel drive holes. New to forum’s but could not find anything like his, only the idea of using a shift boot.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Suerocks

Suerocks

May 20, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I really like what Montana did. I am hoping we can find the same for the pioneer 700 deluxe!

2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Sep 28, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the shifter boots I got on ebay for my 1000-5 would work on a 700. The ebay ones I got came long/too large for my 1000-5 so I just fit them over the levers and eye balled how much to trim them to leave enough to tuck in the dash crack but not too long to wrinkle and get in the way of the shifter travel. But at only $6-8 a boot, it's sure worth a try to trim them to fit 700 levers. My only advice is don't trim too much right away and be sure there is plenty of boot slack for the full range of shifter positions. You can cut them shorter but you can't cut them longer.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!