P1000 Shock question

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If one were to upgrade to say Walker Evans or Fox, is there any issue only doing the fronts and leaving the rears stock?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, you have talked your self into the fronts finally and are soon to find out you needed all four.
I know, pretty sure I’m going walker evans but will do it in little chunks or wait, two big chunks.

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d go with Fox over WE.. and yeah, if you get feints you’ll soon do rears.
What’s keeping me from Fox is everyone having to add new caps and their leaking, or is this a thing of the past?

Reactions: Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know, pretty sure I’m going walker evans but will do it in little chunks or wait, two big chunks.
It won't take long before the rears follow! HA!

Reactions: Lady01
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know if they’ve addressed it yet or not... but it’s a relatively inexpensive fix and not something that usually happens right away. I don’t think the WE are problem free either. Are you on a budget?
Yes and No. I don’t just throw money at stuff but I also spend once.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Fox will be fine and you’ll be happy don’t worry about issues. Beat the chit out of mine the last 4 yrs and no problems. If you have a pocket full of cabbage, buy the WE’s or Ella Stage 5’s

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fox will be fine and you’ll be happy don’t worry about issues. Beat the chit out of mine the last 4 yrs and no problems. If you have a pocket full of cabbage, buy the WE’s or Ella Stage 5’s
Yeah I’ll save some cabbage and stay away from Elka stage 4 or 5. RMATV has the WE for $422 per shock. But the complete Fox setup is still cheaper overall yet more expensive when you just buy fronts.

J

JTW

Yes and No. I don’t just throw money at stuff but I also spend once.
I would go with fox and realize you’re going to spend another $200 on them or look at Elka stage 3 or up depending on budget. The foxes offer the limited quick adjustment which isn’t a bad thing for the pioneer.

My advice is to not do what I and others have done. Don’t allow yourself to go down the rabbit hole and get 25k plus into this thing. It’s horrible in that regard. Everything is improvable on it and you’ll spend a fortune trying to get it there. You’ll be better off buying another machine than spending the money chasing something this machine isn’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

Yeah I’ll save some cabbage and stay away from Elka stage 4 or 5. RMATV has the WE for $422 per shock. But the complete Fox setup is still cheaper overall yet more expensive when you just buy fronts.
I tried just buying the fronts... pony up and just do them all. You can get a couple hundred dollars from your stock rears.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would go with fox and realize you’re going to spend another $200 on them or look at Elka stage 3 or up depending on budget. The foxes offer the limited quick adjustment which isn’t a bad thing for the pioneer.

My advice is to not do what I and others have done. Don’t allow yourself to go down the rabbit hole and get 25k plus into this thing. It’s horrible in that regard. Everything is improvable on it and you’ll spend a fortune trying to get it there. You’ll be better off buying another machine than spending the money casing something this machine isn’t.
Tell me it isn't so!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My advice is to not do what I and others have done. Don’t allow yourself to go down the rabbit hole and get 25k plus into this thing. It’s horrible in that regard. Everything is improvable on it and you’ll spend a fortune trying to get it there. You’ll be better off buying another machine than spending the money chasing something this machine isn’t.
But to a certain extent that’s half the fun, I completely get what your saying though But I will say I doubt a KRX will haul out my bull elk from way back in no mans land or haul my kids and hunting buddies around plus all our crap.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!