P500 Shocks

drrjv

drrjv

May 3, 2022
Delaware
Ownership

1. 520
Just picked up a Pioneer 520 last week and already looking to do upgrades.

Looked at previous posts on aftermarket shocks and wondering if these would be a good option:

Newsmarts 2pcs Adjustable 320mm Motorbike Air Shock Absorbers Universal Fit

Fitment
:
Universal Fit Street Bike, Scooters, ATV, Go Kart Shocks. Work perfectly on most 150cc~750cc street bikes, Scooters and Moped Quad (ATV) with shocks of 320mm eye to eye distance. Great choice for replacement, style upgrading and all kinds of bike modification.
View attachment 41231View attachment 41232

Specification:
Condition: 100% Brand New
Total Length: 350mm (13 3/4")
Length of Eye to Eye Core: 320mm (12 5/8")
Eye Diameter(with bushing): 12mm
Eye Diameter(with bushing removed): 16mm
Eye Thickness: 21mm
Eye Maximum Tensile Strength: 2,000 Kgf
Spring Thickness: 7mm
Spring Width: 60mm
Working Stroke: 60mm
Spring Stiffness: 110 kg
Maximum load: 200 kg (≈440 lbs)
Air Reservoir: Adjustable
Factory Air Pressure: 0.4 Mpa
Maximum Air Pressure: 0.5 Mpa

Link:

drrjv

drrjv

May 3, 2022
Delaware
Ownership

1. 520
Welcome from west GA, the 500 / 520 guys seem to like Elka stage ones. Where's the pics
#NTC
Thanks, I was looking for something at a lower cost
2FC94710 A332 4C1F 8FB2 37043B4B3F4E

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Check the original post. Not sure if they would work or not
Like what @trigger said, there for a moped that will ride like $hit lol.
Theres been thousands of threads on here for alternate options for shocks for P5’s and 10 out of 10 times they end up with the main brands, Elka and WE’s. Bronco shocks seem to be closest to what your after but I believe they weren't all that happy in the end. You can search it all up top and use threadloom results, and read till your harts content lol.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa.
I see you made it over here from the other place.
These guys are gonna give ya heck, especially that @Remington guy. hahaha!
But, the knowledge is here for you to receive.
Some of these guy have 10s of thousands of miles on there Hondas.
Always try and help yourself first. The search bar does work well.
If you can't find what you are looking for, change your search wording.
WT....., just did a search "520 shocks".
Second thread down says the 520 shocks are adjustable.
I wish mine were adjustable, lucky son of your mother....hahahaha!
Have a good day

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Looked at previous posts on aftermarket shocks and wondering if these would be a good option:

Fitment
:
Universal Fit Street Bike, Scooters, ATV, Go Kart Shocks. Work perfectly on most 150cc~750cc street bikes, Scooters and Moped Quad (ATV) with shocks of 320mm eye to eye distance. Great choice for replacement, style upgrading and all kinds of bike modification.

Specification:

Link:
Welcome from NW Arkansas!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I personally don’t see a need for aftermarket shocks on the 520 with such little amount of travel. I know Honda updated the valving over the 500 shocks
I totally understand what you are saying, but you could also look at it like; there is only 5.9" of travel and I want it all to make a difference. :)

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
I personally don’t see a need for aftermarket shocks on the 520 with such little amount of travel. I know Honda updated the valving over the 500 shocks
If you drive slow, there is no need for aftermarket shocks. The front p520 shocks are bad. Here is a photo of the stock front next to a WE shock. Over the same trail, I can drive faster with the WE shocks. The front shocks are great for work, there is very little sag. I am saving the stock for snow plowing.

852D7377 D105 4CA3 ACDF 4613566AE176

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the max load on the shock you posted. Consider your SxS weighs something over 1k pounds. Factor in your weight. Factor in a passenger’s weight (if applicable). Factor in your load/gear weight. That gets you to the static weight load. Now bounce up and down on your bathroom scale and see how high your weight bouncing on that scale gets to. Jump an inch or two in the air and see what that scale spikes up to. Those max fluctuations are your dynamic load. Consider from there what you think that type of dynamic load would be for the entire weight of your static SxS load you calculated earlier.

Long story short….I’d bet you’re going to blow out those shock seals in very short order. IMHO…don’t waste your time or your money.

Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH!
Red is the fastest color!
Pics or it didn’t happen!
#NTC

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the max load on the shock you posted. Consider your SxS weighs something over 1k pounds. Factor in your weight. Factor in a passenger’s weight (if applicable). Factor in your load/gear weight. That gets you to the static weight load. Now bounce up and down on your bathroom scale and see how high your weight bouncing on that scale gets to. Jump an inch or two in the air and see what that scale spikes up to. Those max fluctuations are your dynamic load. Consider from there what you think that type of dynamic load would be for the entire weight of your static SxS load you calculated earlier.

Long story short….I’d bet you’re going to blow out those shock seals in very short order. IMHO…don’t waste your time or your money.

#NTC
Prezzz gettin all Scientific and chit… 👍

#NTC

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

Fitment
:

Specification:

Link:
welcome from Ohio

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520

#NTC
Where are the posts for WE shocks that have blow out seals?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!