BOX1

P700 short hard roof on 700-4?

trendsetter77

trendsetter77

Mar 10, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi everybody! First of all i want to say what a great forum this is! I am new to it obviously :)
Anyway, i just ordered a 700 - 4 Delux from my local dealer here in Ontario and am trying to decide on a roof for it. My question is, will the short hard roof work on the machine even though it has the extended roll cage for the back seats? I only want the cab covered.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome from Central N.Y
What color?
2014 P700-4 purchased Dec.2013 with full Roof. -- Tip-out Windshield - Hard Back Panel behind driver
Found the Full Roof a great benefit hauling supplies & duffel to camp. ( Never Regreted buying Full Roof )
With Full Roof & Tarp over box things stay dry & less dust. ( plenty of dust on top of the tarp )
Have since ( traded ) now 2018 Red P500 -- not available in 2013 --or would have gone P500 then -- need narrow width.

RED was 1st. All other colors followed -- It's a Honda color Doesn't matter they All hold resale value.
These SXS's help lower your Net Worth.

trendsetter77

trendsetter77

Mar 10, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
1st. Welcome from Central N.Y
What color?
2014 P700-4 purchased Dec.2013 with full Roof. -- Tip-out Windshield - Hard Back Panel behind driver
Found the Full Roof a great benefit hauling supplies & duffel to camp. ( Never Regreted buying Full Roof )
With Full Roof & Tarp over box things stay dry & less dust. ( plenty of dust on top of the tarp )
Have since ( traded ) now 2018 Red P500 -- not available in 2013 --or would have gone P500 then -- need narrow width.

RED was 1st. All other colors followed -- It's a Honda color Doesn't matter they All hold resale value.
These SXS's help lower your Net Worth.
i ordered camo but honda is having supply chain issues because of covid. so i had to change it up to the factory brown color. I think those were the only 2 choices for the 2021 700-4 delux. I am hoping to find somewhere that makes replacement panels in other colors.

Reactions: Lady01
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Only seen pictures of the Brown Looks Nice.
Not sure best color in the woods during deer season. ( put in Radio & turn it up )

L

Leadman2

Mar 2, 2021
Illinois USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought my new 700-4 deluxe a few weeks ago. Tried a few places around home for quotes, and found that machines are pretty hard to find right now. But, I was able to find one a couple hours drive away. It is brown and I really like the color. Of course I scratched it when I was installing my windshield, but oh well!

JD1979

JD1979

Oct 2, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the short factory top on mine since I climb in the bed to fill the tall feeders. Mostly just 2 of us riding most of the time. Also helps reduce the noise. 2017 700-4 Deluxe, no mods were required.

IMG 9453

HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same when I had a 700-4 with the half roof. Rarely had anyone in the back. My wife bought some canvas, straps and buckles and made a soft top that would could put on for the rare times we had someone in the back. It was good for keeping the sun off.

C

Chris69

Apr 13, 2021
Bucyrus ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi everybody! First of all i want to say what a great forum this is! I am new to it obviously :)
Anyway, i just ordered a 700 - 4 Delux from my local dealer here in Ontario and am trying to decide on a roof for it. My question is, will the short hard roof work on the machine even though it has the extended roll cage for the back seats? I only want the cab covered.

Thanks in advance.
Steve
I'm new as well and just picked up my 700-4 deluxe a couple weeks ago. Had the short roof put on the front and a soft cover on the rear. I like it so far

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Welcome from NE Michigan

2019 P1K 3  28 2019 P1K 3  1 2019 P1K 3  10

Reactions: trendsetter77
B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I was looking at the short top for my 2014 700 4 seater at the dealer today. I also fill tall feeders. I looks like it will fit over the overhead gun rack too. With a plastic tarp the rifle barrels stick out in front. The leading overhang should fix that. Question...will it stay on when on the highway? I understand the 2 seater will not fit on the 4. The Honda short top I looked at is for the 4.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!