Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got a few looks from the Jeep gang on the trails. I havent come across another pioneer on the trails yet. Not sure how many ride where I ride. But that dang lil tank goes where it wants. When we come head to head with a Wrangler on the trails and we just turn into woods and pass them I swear they are impressed
Never seen another pioneer on the trails.....so many RZR's I was clean shaven in an hour or so...

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
For me it seems even on trails the p500 can't keep up do to suspension. The rocky goat trails the other machines just suck up the bumps. I do love my p5. But I wish it had a bit more suspension and 6th gear

Reactions: 100Acre
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
700 ring gear will increase top end. im told the ring gears from the 700 are the same ratio as the 4 wheeler the motor came from. fox needs to make some shocks for the 500.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I hit the rev limiter at 41 mph on the dash, but I have 30" tall tires and I need to be on flat hard pack to do that. I really don't want to go any faster, I already need to stay in 4wd to keep the "Drifting" down. Also, climbing slow aggressive rock washouts is making me consider removing the sway bar for more articulation. I can already drive over a rock the size of a milk crate so going up with a lift kit would just make things harsh.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
OK first this is gonna be a huge run on sentence I'm a mechanic not English teacher so deal with it also it's a beer night so again. Deal with it and ALSO damn tablet auto correct again deal with it lol first off quick resume

Atv racing ( lt250, 250r)
Motorcross ( rm125, cr250)
Drag ( irocz supercharger 383 10.3 best time)

OK after my speed junkie phase I got into mudding and crawling I built a mudding jeep and crawling Sammi but the full size scene just wasn't for me for I got into 4x4 ATVing my first was a polaris sportsman at first I loved it gas and go but very soon my intelligence kicked in the thing was way to heavy for 1 gear and was built for ppl who thought they could off road then I moved on to my 2012 rancher atv the irs is amazing the auto blows but es it the bomb blah blah blah I have it now fully built elka stage 4 hmf pipe hmf optimizer blah blah blah now I blow away 450rs polaris 500-800 can am blah blah blah just because it's big and has crazy specs doesn't make it better or quicker lol in a race on open road or field yes I Def get killed but in tight mountain trails there is no chance which is why I'm here I have a bn 2015 p500 my brother ( almost as experienced as me ) has a 2015 arctic cat trail and my best friend as a rzr 570 so .......... here we go everyone wants to know how the honda stacks up to the big boys and I can tell u I WIN!!!!!!!! no we don't have the suspension ( huge need) no we don't have high hp numbers but here is where we win short wheel base equals tight turning the thing moves like my wheeler the rzr and trail have to do 3-6 point turns in places the pioneer has instant torque (non cvt) really quick out of turn take off no its not as smooth but wtf ppl we are off road not in a Cadillac we went on a 80 mile ride last weekend and the only place they excelled and beat the little p5 was on the power lines where their suspension took over and could really shine non of us ever hit the top speeds of our ride blah blah blah I'm rambling but needless to say to each their own but for me I'm gonna with the very quick nimble honda reliable p5 oh ps we were all stock to stock!!!!! cat got 2 flats and rzr blew belt on the PowerLine lol p5 caught up and helped lol so no ppl not need big bore hp machines it's to pat their ego or maybe brand loyalty but I'm sick of hearing the pioneer 500 can't hang with the big boys but was it really built to? no and in places it can't win top end and high speed suspension but trust me every where else it's the pioneer all the way!!!!!!!! Rant over lol
Glad to see guys still going back to this post.
It's a classic Jak!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I wouldn't run my mouth, but the Polaris guys feel way more threatened by the little P500 than I do buy them! I know this is an old thread, but it still rings true. A friend of my father is a polaris die hard....ever since I got the P500 he runs his mouth about how it can't do what his woods-bus 4 seater does. Well I always hear about what he's saying. So when he's behind me, I take the tightest turns and go like hell. He spends so much time going from forward to reverse and back to forward, and I'm long gone. And over the weekend, he went through a mud hole and his buggy overheated and shut down. So it sat the rest of the weekend, while I was still riding. i went through that mud hole about 6 times. :)

I don't bash him. I just let the P500 make him look like a fool....tho he is very capable of doing that himself... rant over

J

Jshell3

Always try to stop in the middle of the mudhole so you can grab a beer. Then crawl out in 1st and watch the testosterone take over the RZR driver and listen for the 7000RPM blast to try n get across...

I just laughed out loud. You gotta stop.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jshell3

i love small bore machines
This thread made me feel good about my P500. I know you wrote it back before many of us ever owned a P500, but it's exactly my thoughts on "why to buy". Tight turns, Narrow wheelbase, and NO RUBBER in the trans... I just can't believe it, pound for pound, I think it's seriously under valued.
And small bore. The day my father followed me on his stock 350 Rancher everywhere I went on my Rubicon... is the day I shifted my priorities... and bought a Rancher. He wasn't tired. It's light and nimble. And you didn't have to have an upper body like Arnold to steer the thing! (I had ITP 589's on the Rubicon w/ no power steering). UGH!.

That story translates well into my P500 ownership. Thanks saying it, way back when...

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
This thread made me feel good about my P500. I know you wrote it back before many of us ever owned a P500, but it's exactly my thoughts on "why to buy". Tight turns, Narrow wheelbase, and NO RUBBER in the trans... I just can't believe it, pound for pound, I think it's seriously under valued.
And small bore. The day my father followed me on his stock 350 Rancher everywhere I went on my Rubicon... is the day I shifted my priorities... and bought a Rancher. He wasn't tired. It's light and nimble. And you didn't have to have an upper body like Arnold to steer the thing! (I had ITP 589's on the Rubicon w/ no power steering). UGH!.

That story translates well into my P500 ownership. Thanks saying it, way back when...

Yup if I was to get nuther ATV, 350 rancher light nimble and tough, would be the one.
Worked with a buddy, he has a rhino 660 (I think it is), anyway he ribbed me lots about the funny little tractor, then after a week of work ridding together, he was like man oh man.... I want one... Heh heh. The only really good thing about the rhino was the box on the back to throw work keerap in rather then tying down. Then again, if you like noise,squeaking belt, rough ride.... And did I mention noise.. Read yelling with ear muffs on... Hahahaha. Hi/low with full diff lock is nice I'll give it that.... An noise...

j

Reactions: 70Bones
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yup if I was to get nuther ATV, 350 rancher light nimble and tough, would be the one.
Worked with a buddy, he has a rhino 660 (I think it is), anyway he ribbed me lots about the funny little tractor, then after a week of work ridding together, he was like man oh man.... I want one... Heh heh. The only really good thing about the rhino was the box on the back to throw work keerap in rather then tying down. Then again, if you like noise,squeaking belt, rough ride.... And did I mention noise.. Read yelling with ear muffs on... Hahahaha. Hi/low with full diff lock is nice I'll give it that.... An noise...

j
Of course this was long before the creation of the P5, but when I set about to purchase my first sxs, I test drove them all. The rhino was crossed of the list before the test drive was complete because of the noise.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I wouldn't run my mouth, but the Polaris guys feel way more threatened by the little P500 than I do buy them! I know this is an old thread, but it still rings true. A friend of my father is a polaris die hard....ever since I got the P500 he runs his mouth about how it can't do what his woods-bus 4 seater does. Well I always hear about what he's saying. So when he's behind me, I take the tightest turns and go like hell. He spends so much time going from forward to reverse and back to forward, and I'm long gone. And over the weekend, he went through a mud hole and his buggy overheated and shut down. So it sat the rest of the weekend, while I was still riding. i went through that mud hole about 6 times. :)

I don't bash him. I just let the P500 make him look like a fool....tho he is very capable of doing that himself... rant over
I remind those big machine guys that some of the best riding is on the 50" barrier trails and my P5 will go where theirs will go but theirs will not go where my will go.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I remind those big machine guys that some of the best riding is on the 50" barrier trails and my P5 will go where theirs will go but theirs will not go where my will go.
Exactly. But one can't compare a VW beetle to a Cadillac. They both are superior to one another, and, inferior to one another, depending on what you want to do. I built a lumber rack on my Polaris and taxied all the lumber for a remote cabin inaccessible by truck, four wheel drive not withstanding. I could never do that with my P5. But my Polaris won't fit in the bed of my truck nor my toy hauler. Nor can it follow me down many of the trails I ride.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Never seen another pioneer on the trails.....so many RZR's I was clean shaven in an hour or so...
Haha, that's very funny T!!!

Reactions: Tflynn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Where is jak? Never see him posting anymore.
Must be engulfed in another mod, Flux Capacitor maybe?
Lol, you big kidder. Is there really such a thing? You're right though, there's no telling what Jak's P5 will look like when he's done, if he ever is!!

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!