P1000 Side panel install

C

Cajun_USA

Oct 7, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know how to install the side panels for a deluxe 1000-5 on a non deluxe 1000-5. I ordered the red kit for my bike but it came with no install papers. I got screws washers and rubber threaded grommets that's it. I am assuming you have to drill holes and insert the grommets but i don't want to mess up my plastic by assuming anything.

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know how to install the side panels for a deluxe 1000-5 on a non deluxe 1000-5. I ordered the red kit for my bike but it came with no install papers. I got screws washers and rubber threaded grommets that's it. I am assuming you have to drill holes and insert the grommets but i don't want to mess up my plastic by assuming anything.
Here is link to install, Honda does have it, you have to add to cart to see.' http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08F72-HL4-A01ZD.pdf

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use your phone or iPad and take a screen shot of the instructions that @Dan1960 posted.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks guy i feel like a dumb ass for not figuring it out after seeing the instructions. They are installed now to wait for wheels and tires tomorrow. For anyone wondering its a 3/8" drill bit to do the install.
I didn't realize that a person could buy one without the side panels. What did it cost for the panels?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guy i feel like a dumb ass for not figuring it out after seeing the instructions. They are installed now to wait for wheels and tires tomorrow. For anyone wondering its a 3/8" drill bit to do the install.
Never feel like a "dumb ass" for asking a question... Ask the same question over and over? You might be a dumb ass! LOL

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I can’t seem to get the instructions to come up when I click on the link. What am I doing wrong? I got my green side panels in today and want to install them. Thanks
Its pretty simple install, I did mine about 2 months ago. Line up the panels (one at a time) u'll notice the doors already have a round spot marked in the location where u will b drilling. Line them up and Mark the holes where u r to drill. 3/8 bit. Insert rubber grommet through panel and then through door. Then tighten with provided screws. (I did one hole at a time to make sure my panels stayed aligned)

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I can’t seem to get the instructions to come up when I click on the link. What am I doing wrong? I got my green side panels in today and want to install them. Thanks
I'm assuming you got the hardware kit that comes with machined screws and rubber grommet inserts correct? When u screw into the grommet u'll notice it acts like a rivet and expands, thus holding panel in place. Let me know if you have any questions.

L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm assuming you got the hardware kit that comes with machined screws and rubber grommet inserts correct? When u screw into the grommet u'll notice it acts like a rivet and expands, thus holding panel in place. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you! I put one panel in only so far with hardware that came with panels but I put grommet in door first and put bolt and washer thru Door panel into grommet. I like your way better which is probably correct. Thanks again

L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where did u get the green side panels?

Ordered them off Partzilla. Ordered January 14, Showed up today.

08F70-HL4-A51ZE PANELS (3P) (Honda) $250.00

Image Image Image

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
vdefender

vdefender

Feb 1, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bringing this topic back up since I just bought a p1000-5 standard because it's actually available now and I didn't want to wait months for a Deluxe.

The update is that the panel kit is discontinued from Honda, so if you want to do it you have to order all of the parts from the part diagrams.

The other topic is Color. Has anyone else used Plastidip before? I've used it multiple times to change the color of dirtbike panels and it works awesome. Once you're done and want to change the color you just peel the plastic layer right off. It's even easier with these Honda panels because you can even unscrew them which makes it even easier to quickly change the color of your ride anythime you want!

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Bringing this topic back up since I just bought a p1000-5 standard because it's actually available now and I didn't want to wait months for a Deluxe.

The update is that the panel kit is discontinued from Honda, so if you want to do it you have to order all of the parts from the part diagrams.

The other topic is Color. Has anyone else used Plastidip before? I've used it multiple times to change the color of dirtbike panels and it works awesome. Once you're done and want to change the color you just peel the plastic layer right off. It's even easier with these Honda panels because you can even unscrew them which makes it even easier to quickly change the color of your ride anythime you want!
Depends on the terrain you ride in for the DIP to be ok. I ride a lot of tight overgrown trails and that DIP paint wouldn't last very long 😂.
If you ride a lot of open dessert type trails I guess it could be a good idea........my 2 cents

L

Logey

Mar 14, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at the parts diagrams i see the panel and screw but not the rubber grommet. Anybody have that part number?

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!