P1000m5 Skid Plates on the 1000-5 LE

H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don't need richochet anything with the FUTV ULTIMATE kit is comes with everything. Running it on my LE over 4000 miles, fits perfectly

I like the Ricochet arm protectors because they also protect the CV Boot where as the FUTV full kit doesn't seem to extend as far out towards the wheel.

Rico

I have 3/8" factory utv, no regrets. Installed w.o a lift. I did use jack stands to hold up one end of the skid, while I bolted the other. I prefer the one piece wide mid section of the FUTV skid. But does come in a large box, so the others may be cheaper to ship.
I'm not a fan of drilling a new machine, but I feel alot better now than I did before.

Awesome so I can just slide under and get it done with a little help. Won't be comfortable and for sure I am going to take an OEM centre piece to the face but I heard they aren't that strong anyway :p

This is my suggestion... should be a little cheaper shipping as they’re smaller pieces. And their warranty if phenomenal!

Use coupon code Thank You for 10% off

Ahh I see what you mean, the Fcatory UTV seems like one big piece where as the Trail Armor is multiple piees. I wonder if they would sell the Trail Armor kit withotu the arm protectors I'll ask!

What are your thoughts on the Ricochet Arm/Boot guards? Am I being over paranoid wanting to use those? Neither the Factory UTV or TrailArmor seem to add the same protection.

H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmm which is easier to install-

Factory UTV or TrailArmor? Do either of them require drilling holes in the 1000?

J

JTW

I like the Ricochet arm protectors because they also protect the CV Boot where as the FUTV full kit doesn't seem to extend as far out towards the wheel.

View attachment 237857

Awesome so I can just slide under and get it done with a little help. Won't be comfortable and for sure I am going to take an OEM centre piece to the face but I heard they aren't that strong anyway :p

Ahh I see what you mean, the Fcatory UTV seems like one big piece where as the Trail Armor is multiple piees. I wonder if they would sell the Trail Armor kit withotu the arm protectors I'll ask!

What are your thoughts on the Ricochet Arm/Boot guards? Am I being over paranoid wanting to use those? Neither the Factory UTV or TrailArmor seem to add the same protection.
You don’t need a arm guards.. and yes they sell just the plate.

Reactions: Mudwing and hibbert
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why no love for the 1/2” satv option at $599?

Made With Proprietary ARMW
This replacement skid plate is designed to be way tougher than stock. It uses our proprietary blend of UHMW called ARMW. It’s bulletproof and extremely abrasion resistant. Nothing you encounter on the trail is going puncture, crack, or bend it. Your prop shaft stays safe and your cab stays secure. This is one piece of machine protection you won’t have to worry about replacing any time soon.

FEATURES
  • Offers full front-to-back protection
  • Made with 1/2” thick proprietary ARMW material
  • Abrasion, break, and bend resistant
  • Laser scanned and CNC cut for a perfect fit
  • Drain ports make cleanup easy

Reactions: TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Why no love for the 1/2” satv option at $599?

Made With Proprietary ARMW
This replacement skid plate is designed to be way tougher than stock. It uses our proprietary blend of UHMW called ARMW. It’s bulletproof and extremely abrasion resistant. Nothing you encounter on the trail is going puncture, crack, or bend it. Your prop shaft stays safe and your cab stays secure. This is one piece of machine protection you won’t have to worry about replacing any time soon.

FEATURES
  • Offers full front-to-back protection
  • Made with 1/2” thick proprietary ARMW material
  • Abrasion, break, and bend resistant
  • Laser scanned and CNC cut for a perfect fit
  • Drain ports make cleanup easy
It hasn't been around long. It looks like a really good option though. I'd probably go with it if I was in the market for a new one simply due to the price.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!