SLOWPOKE goes short course racing

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
These 2024 R4 front control arms that were sent to me by another member here got delivered yesterday! I have to order ball joints and bushings for them before I put them on but I still need to finish the car so not a big deal to wait on parts.....

20240329 171357

20240329 171414

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
When I was running the American Racer and Hoosier dirt track tires at 10psi front and 12psi rear beadlocks all the way around were a necessity. With the Hoosier Bites I run now they work best at 18-20psi and beadlocks are not necessary on the fronts. I'll never run non-beadlocked rear wheels though, I learned my lesson but luckily it wasn't the hard way. Trying to make the car accelerate quicker i decided to try 4 rear stock wheels. I won the race that this happened in and the tire didn't loose a single PSI but I think one more corner and I would have went from hero to zero.

View attachment 419531
How do you like the hoosier bites? I have been running 4 stock rears for 3 years now, for short course rallycross. Are the hoosier bites to narrow? They only make them 9wide.
By the way I login to hondasxs just to see what you are working on. Great work with all the pics and explanations I have learned some pretty cool stuff from your build. I haven't done much at all to my talon, that being said it's very exciting to see all the improvements you have made to yours.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
How do you like the hoosier bites? I have been running 4 stock rears for 3 years now, for short course rallycross. Are the hoosier bites to narrow? They only make them 9wide.
By the way I login to hondasxs just to see what you are working on. Great work with all the pics and explanations I have learned some pretty cool stuff from your build. I haven't done much at all to my talon, that being said it's very exciting to see all the improvements you have made to yours.

They hook up good and are fairly light for an offroad tire. The width doesn't seem to be a hindrance either.

Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!