sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Hey, if you go on a low carb diet you can lose another 10 lbs in a week, no problemo. 🤣 Heck of a sacrifice to give up pasta and bread(s) though...

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Refer to post #248 for the answer to that question. 😁
Missed that one! You might need a higher carb diet you lucky SOB. :)

I've dropped almost 20 lbs in 2 months after doc said I was getting a bit porky ( well not those exact words but close enough:))

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Weight is huge. How bad did the turning get with those rims? I know with a set of 3.5 - 3.5 vs 6-2 was huge. A lot more bump and understeer.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Weight is huge. How bad did the turning get with those rims? I know with a set of 3.5 - 3.5 vs 6-2 was huge. A lot more bump and understeer.

I've been running 8" wheels with 4" offset the whole season without issue. My GMZ beadlocks are the same size and offset. I've ran the stock Honda rear wheels on the front a few races and did notice a bit less understeer but not enough to make me want to change offsets.

I messed with the tierod heim joint location on the knuckle and got bump steer down to almost nothing from full bump to about 14" of down travel. It gets a little out of wack in the last few inches but nothing to worry about in my opinion.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Found more stuff to cut/take off...

20211018 214848

And when I weighted the parts the other day I only had 1/2 an air box with no lid in there and no pre-filter setup. Gathered it all up and got all of it weighted earlier today...

20211019 145815

Pretty respectable number considering I took a ton of weight out of it when I originally built it...

20211019 145910

😎

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I don't know how I ended up finding you on irate4x4 but your thread there is great on this, lol. I lurked there for years in the p days and still have off and on since I've always been a Toyota tard

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I don't know how I ended up finding you on irate4x4 but your thread there is great on this, lol. I lurked there for years in the p days and still have off and on since I've always been a Toyota tard

Thanks!

I have to read what I type here before I hit the reply button. The old P4x4 and Irate have ruined me for the rest of the internet. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thanks!

I have to read what I type here before I hit the reply button. The old P4x4 and Irate have ruined me for the rest of the internet. 🤣
For sure! I always loved that it is balls to the wall over there. Been a lot of fun watching your car evolve and the success you have had.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I REALLY want to know what it weights now.
Can you weigh in at the track? I've thought I'd like to get one of those 4-scale systems one day. They would be nice for setting up a sled.

Reactions: CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Can you weigh in at the track? I've thought I'd like to get one of those 4-scale systems one day. They would be nice for setting up a sled.

No scales at the track. No weight rules so no need I guess..

I'm going to buy a set of race car scales this winter. After reviewing the new 2022 rules that just came out for the series I race, lightness, chassis setup and driving talent are going to play a way bigger part in running up front than building a big motor with an unlimited budget. There still isn't a weight rule but the new engine rules are going to stop people from buying wins and championships like certain people have done this year.

New N/A engine rules say stock bore, stroke and compression. If you want to run a high compression N/A engine with a monster cam and everything that goes along with it your going to have to move to an Outlaw class that allows turbos and unlimited engine mods. N/A motors will be roadblocks in that class.

Alot of guys that went full retard on their engine builds this year thinking the rules were going to still be unlimited next year are screwed unless they revert back to stock. Have fun racing against built turbo cars.... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!