HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I LOVED Fusion 360 (and I HATE computers, go figure). I visited a Bonneville Salt Flats motorcycle racer and he showed it to me. I went home, downloaded it and drew these rocker covers for our dual sport bikes. Sadly I don't have enough use for it to pay their fee and the trial software expired. It came along too late in my life to follow up on. :confused: That I could draw something like this up, send the file to a manufacturer and have parts sent back to me is fookin' amazing.

SLOWPOKE, I'll delete this if you want.
View attachment 262261

View attachment 262262

View attachment 262263
Fusion 360 is free now for "tinkerers and hobbyists" (whatever that means). I use it for my 3D printer. I'm not sure what the limitations are that make it free, but it has served its purpose for me in the freeware state.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Fusion 360 is free now for "tinkerers and hobbyists" (whatever that means). I use it for my 3D printer. I'm not sure what the limitations are that make it free, but it has served its purpose for me in the freeware state.
That’s awesome news, Adam, I’ll check into it. 👍

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Free for non-commercial use. I downloaded a free version to start learning Fusion with tutorial videos. Once I jump to using for production I have to subscribe at $45 per month. Which if I'm really cranking out some stuff then that's fine and everything is legit.

If you have a newer ipad and pencil check out Shapr3D app. That is an awesome app for very quick direct modeling and will export files for 3d printing. It's $30 per month also but unbelievable.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Talk to us about the i4wd delete if you’ve got time.

Also does anyone make a talon rack that is 1.5/1 or any other ratio than 1/1?
For his. If i remember correctly. We removed the i4wd switch all together and replaced it with a 2x4/4x4 switch.

His goal was to strip as much of the i4wd system out that he could. He will have to update us on that progress.

To do the 2x4/4x4 without i4wd we just used the below DIY i4wd bypass with a common off/on switch. You can also choose to keep the i4wd if you like and use it on top of the bypass.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Also does anyone make a talon rack that is 1.5/1 or any other ratio than 1/1?

No. The P/S unit doesn't like racks with a ratio higher than 1/1 on the output side. A steering quickner on the input side is no problem though.

My 4wd switch just sends power to the front diff clutch, nothing else. Car has no idea its in 4wd. 😎

ABS unit is still in the car though. I haven come up with a work around to completely remove it yet.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
When I was building the car I literally weighed every stock part, heat shield, nut, bolt ect that I took off the car and made sure I replaced it with lighter stuff or just left it off all together. There isn't a single extra bracket, tab nut or bolt left on the car that isn't necessary for it to move and stop. Wheels are 18.5lbs each, tires were 24lbs each before I grooved the s*** out of them. Aluminum doors (both) and roof weigh the same as one factory Honda Racing aluminum door.

I grew up around circle track racing and spent 1/2 my life working at my uncles chassis shop helping him build race cars that won races and championships all over New England. Weight and rotating mass reduction were a big part of this build and why I think this car goes so good for having a mostly stock motor.

The car with no body on it.....

View attachment 262189View attachment 262188

It's a lot lighter than you think it is. 😁

Don't talk about cutting weight and then being faster around the KRX guys.....they get a little butt hurt when you say lighter is better/faster.....and more attractive! Remember according them beefy is better all around. 🤣🤓

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Don't talk about cutting weight and then being faster around the KRX guys.....they get a little butt hurt when you say lighter is better/faster.....and more attractive! Remember according them beefy is better all around. 🤣🤓
There isn't a single KRX racing at Texplex that I know of. Definitely didn't see any while walking around the pits nor in the staging lanes the last few races. Only "green" cars I saw there were Artic Cats. 🤣

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my best JTW...
Have you considered a KRX?

RIP!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ruh Roh, did he step on the Boss Man's toes?
JTW is gone??? O thank god, I was getting tired of is relentless proselytizing of the fat pig, it was getting tiresome. I didn't join a Honda forum to listen to his KRX BS. If I want a KRX, I will join the Come-N-Suck-Me forums.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
JTW is gone??? O thank god, I was getting tired of is relentless proselytizing of the fat pig, it was getting tiresome. I didn't join a Honda forum to listen to his KRX BS. If I want a KRX, I will join the Come-N-Suck-Me forums.
ROTFLMAO.....I found the ignore function on him years ago....🙄

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Back to racing...... Pulled the front diff and driveshaft last night to get ready for the rack install and to swap out the stock U joints with some greaseable joints. HOLY s*** that thing is HEAVY!!!! I don't think the driveshaft in my F250 weights that much. I need to figure out a lighter driveshaft assembly.
20210325 203205
20210325 215027
20210325 215019

20210325 203125

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Spare parts and a rack brace from Raceco arrived Wednesday...U-Joints from Boss Bearing and a new aluminum bumper arrived yesterday. According to UPS the new billet rack will be here Monday. :cool:

20210325 222211

If all goes well next week I'll probably head to the track on Saturday to get some practice in before the next race.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!