SLOWPOKE goes short course racing

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anybody watch the video? Myself and second place smoked the field. 3rd place was over 35 seconds behind us. 😁
20210418 140937

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
What sway bar setup are you running?

The Jsport upper arms hit the Double E setup we have.
Eibach sway bar, works fine with my uppers. I also use the stock sway bar links. All the aftermarket ones I've seen/tried are either to big of a diameter, to short or both. The ball joint caps on the stock links can easily be drilled to accept a grease fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
H

HondaTech

Thiank you sir.

Have you had any issues from the swaybar mounts cracking or tearing. We've had ours and 1 other car rip the entire mount off 1 side.

The other car was completely stock, suspension wise.

RaceCo is making a brace plate for it. We had already beefed ours up.

Reactions: Biteme
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
My sway bar mounts are not stock because I figured they would be a weak point. When I cut the back of the chassis off and redid it I used 1/8" cromo plate for the mounts replaced the stock rear tube with 1-1/2 x .O95 cromo tube.

20200401 172900

I don't have a picture of the new ones I made after I put them on but here is where I started chopping them off to fit the new rear section.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Talked with the wife earlier this evening and we decided to go up to Mid America Outdoors in Jay, OK for Memorial Day weekend and race in their SxS series double header. 2 races in 2 days with a chance to take home $1500 in prize/contingency money for my class. :cool:

Other than giving it a good bath, cleaning the pre-filters and getting it race prepped for the next round at Texplex May 8th, the car is good to go. Feels kind of weird not having much to do to it this time........

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Round 4 of the 2021 Texplex SxS short course series kicks off Saturday morning. Wife, dogs and myself are driving over to the track tomorrow early afternoon and camping there for the night. I'm excited to race again and hope to pull off a repeat of last round with another win. Car is prepped and ready to go. I didn't change a thing setup wise from last race and think I'll be all set. It's been warm dry and sunny all week, track will be fast. 😁

20210305 192657

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Round 4 of the 2021 Texplex SxS short course series kicks off Saturday morning. Wife, dogs and myself are driving over to the track tomorrow early afternoon and camping there for the night. I'm excited to race again and hope to pull off a repeat of last round with another win. Car is prepped and ready to go. I didn't change a thing setup wise from last race and think I'll be all set. It's been warm dry and sunny all week, track will be fast. 😁

View attachment 270202
Awesome! kick some but!

H

HondaTech

View attachment 270202

Show 'em who's boss brother!!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Camped out at the track last night with the wife and dogs so we didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn this morning.

20210507 191853

20210507 204959

Went out for practice earlier. Track is slick in a few spots but not horrible. Hopefully I'll be kicking some Po-po and Yamaha ass later today. 😁

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!