SLOWPOKE goes short course racing

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Round 6 at Texplex is next Saturday! Other than prepping the car and grooving a new set of tires there hasn't been much to do to the car since last round of racing. I did work on the race trailer though......

20210709 202659

20210709 212744

I tossed a 15,000 BTU A/C unit on the roof the other night with my service truck crane. Trailer came braced and prewired for the A/C unit so installation was a snap. This should make camping a bit more comfortable in the Texas heat. :cool:

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Back at Texplex today for Round 6 of the short course series. Finished 2nd in my heat race to my arch nemesis in the RS-1 again.....:rolleyes: and am patiently waiting in my newly air conditioned trailer for the main to start. Having a place to cool off in between races is priceless!

Random picture from this morning......
20210717 081835

H

HondaTech

Back at Texplex today for Round 6 of the short course series. Finished 2nd in my heat race to my arch nemesis in the RS-1 again.....:rolleyes: and am patiently waiting in my newly air conditioned trailer for the main to start. Having a place to cool off in between races is priceless!

View attachment 283976

Give 'em hell brother!!

Our car should be together this next week, she's gonna be a firecracker.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 283976
You did yourself a huge favor with that a/c. Cool. 😎🤣 Hood luck in the main. 😎🤘🏾

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Repeat of the heat race except I got to see the back of the RS-1 for more laps. :rolleyes: I have nothing for his new bigger motor and am consistently 2 seconds a lap slower after being 1.5 seconds faster in previous races. I overdrive the s*** out of my car and couldn't even get within 2 car lengths of him. After 4 laps of almost crashing and putting a huge gap on 3rd I gave up and slowed down. 2nd is 2nd no matter how many seconds behind the leader I am.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I don't feel that bad though...... The guy in the RS-1 has a bigger motor than anyone in my class especially compared to my bone stock motor with a PwrTune tune and piece of s*** HMF exhaust, his car is full of carbon fiber and titanium parts and its stupid light, it's been on the dyno several times and he gets help from a Polaris factory team (Collin Truitt).

All that to beat my redneck ass in a stock motored, home built, fat pig of a Honda Talon.

LMFAO!!!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Repeat of the heat race except I got to see the back of the RS-1 for more laps. :rolleyes: I have nothing for his new bigger motor and am consistently 2 seconds a lap slower after being 1.5 seconds faster in previous races. I overdrive the s*** out of my car and couldn't even get within 2 car lengths of him. After 4 laps of almost crashing and putting a huge gap on 3rd I gave up and slowed down. 2nd is 2nd no matter how many seconds behind the leader I am.
Well dern. Ready to see what you can do with that built motor

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I don't feel that bad though...... The guy in the RS-1 has a bigger motor than anyone in my class especially compared to my bone stock motor with a PwrTune tune and piece of s*** HMF exhaust, his car is full of carbon fiber and titanium parts and its stupid light, it's been on the dyno several times and he gets help from a Polaris factory team (Collin Truitt).

All that to beat my redneck ass in a stock motored, home built, fat pig of a Honda Talon.

LMFAO!!!
Good racing Brother 👍🏼

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well dern. Ready to see what you can do with that built motor
If I had even close to the same caliber car that he has I'd walk all over him. I'm not rich and make due with what I have available and make up for my lack of expensive go fast parts with driving ability. It is what it is..... At the end of the season finishing 2nd in points is only a $250 dollar less payday. I guess he thinks that's worth spending thousands on, personally I can't justify it.

J

Jhall728

Jan 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Any reason your still running the OEM bed plastics? Prob over 4 lbs of useless plastic back there. Can probably also remove the 2 big covers behind the rear inner fender wells.

Badass racing effort by the way. Love to see the talon platform kick some ass. Get that NA motor built up to run race gas and push some real power. Iv seen draggy times of NA talons with head/cams packages beating Jackson turbo talons.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any reason your still running the OEM bed plastics? Prob over 4 lbs of useless plastic back there. Can probably also remove the 2 big covers behind the rear inner fender wells.

Badass racing effort by the way. Love to see the talon platform kick some ass. Get that NA motor built up to run race gas and push some real power. Iv seen draggy times of NA talons with head/cams packages beating Jackson turbo talons.
Thanks!

I tried to keep the car as stock looking as possible when I built it. No real reason why I didn't pull the bed except that I wanted it there.

Real race motor is coming next season when I move up to Pro N/A class and start racing at two tracks. I kick some serious ass with my stock motor as is in the Vet N/A class and only have problems with one RS-1 that is 10 times the car mine is.

My new race motor will have ZERO Hess parts on/in it and is going to be like nothing else currently out there. :cool:

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's a good pic!
If your wife is like mine when we go trail riding and she's not driving she's looking at all the forest trees and flowers.
For instance, if I showed this pic to my wife, the first things she'd notice are the flowers! 😆
Exactly the same for my wife. 🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sucks bad I’m just now seeing this. f***ing bad ass man, my favorite thread. Impressive what the Talon can do and very impressed with what you have done piloting and building the machine. I kinda wanna mess up the guy in the RS-1 but I feel you’re gunna do it lol. Seriously nice job all around really cool!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

LMFAO!!!
Key to the new motor is to make the suspension hook up or it's for not. My humble opinion, been there done that with dirt bikes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!