SLOWPOKE goes short course racing

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bad news for Slowpoke....... The company I ordered my wheels from burnt to the ground last week. 😭
Screenshot 20210607 213352 Samsung Internet

I haven't heard directly from Keizer yet, and I'm not about to bother them at a time like this, but I'm hoping my wheels are one of the things that can be shipped once they resume partial operation in a few weeks. If the centers still needed to be machined or were in process when the fire started, I'm totally screwed.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm back at the track today for Round 5. Car felt good in practice so I left it alone for the heat race. I got a horrible start and came out of the gate 4th but managed to drive around those guys in a few laps and won my heat. :cool:

Screenshot 20210619 112129 Samsung Internet

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm back at the track today for Round 5. Car felt good in practice so I left it alone for the heat race. I got a horrible start and came out of the gate 4th but managed to drive around those guys in a few laps and won my heat. :cool:

View attachment 279390
Congrats!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Roll On Brother!!
Honda on the top spot, breakin hearts!

I can assure you that I'm not making any friends at the track. 🤣

The guy that wins every round in the built RS-1, that I beat overall this weekend is mad at me because he claimed I "turned left at the start" ??? and hit him. My wifes video shows him turning right and hitting me. His nerf bar left a red mark on my LR wheel so he was behind me by at least 1/2 a car when I was driven into..... He got tangled up in the first turn s*** show and ended up with a LR flat that got him a DNS. Funny, he was my buddy when I was running 2nd to him every week.

Wonder how many points I gained on 1st place. 😁

H

HondaTech

I can assure you that I'm not making any friends at the track. 🤣

The guy that wins every round in the built RS-1, that I beat overall this weekend is mad at me because he claimed I "turned left at the start" ??? and hit him. My wifes video shows him turning right and hitting me. His nerf bar left a red mark on my LR wheel so he was behind me by at least 1/2 a car when I was driven into..... He got tangled up in the first turn s*** show and ended up with a LR flat that got him a DNS. Funny, he was my buddy when I was running 2nd to him every week.

Wonder how many points I gained on 1st place. 😁

Dont wanna get hit, stay in the pits.

Don't come to a man's sport acting like a b****!!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Dont wanna get hit, stay in the pits.

Don't come to a man's sport acting like a b****!!
I wish I could like this post 1000 times!!!!

He comes from the wine and cheese Corvette World Challenge Series where driving aggressively is frowned upon. In my world not driving aggressively is called practice laps.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Awsome!!! Did you run the new lug nuts today?
No sir, those have the taper to fit the wheels I ordered from the place that burnt down. Unfortunately they don't fit the stock or my gold beadlock wheels. I didn't even run bead locks today because I'm lazy and didn't want to swap tires to my gold wheels after I grooved them. I ran 4 stock rear wheels today with 14psi in the fronts and 12psi in the rears. Zero issues and the track was rough as s***.

I'm still hoping Keizer miraculously comes up with a set of wheels for me.....

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Finally heard from Keizer Wheel today. I was told I will not be seeing any wheels for 3-6 months so I went ahead and canceled the order. Man, I REALLY wanted those......

If I don't come up with something else in the meantime I'll revisit ordering from Keizer once they are back making wheels.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally heard from Keizer Wheel today. I was told I will not be seeing any wheels for 3-6 months so I went ahead and canceled the order. Man, I REALLY wanted those......

If I don't come up with something else in the meantime I'll revisit ordering from Keizer once they are back making wheels.
A case where feeling bad for the customer and the business is quite easy.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!