Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Have you considered a KRX….NO!
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon x4
We are paying 5.89 a foot for 4” sch 40. We have had to raise our prices dramatically. A 5” well complete to 100’ has gone from 5200.00 up to 6000.00. It’s just absolutely stupid!

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
What do you plumbers like for a quality electric water heater? My 40 gallon Whirlpool is about 9 years old. It is still doing fine, but I am thinking about a pre-emptive replacement. I like to do these on MY schedule, not when it HAS to be done. Or I would at least like to have the replacement on hand. I don't want a heat pump or anything complicated. Just a good, long lasting water heater. Thanks!

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
We own a wholesale plumbing and electrical supply business. We got a notice from our PVC pipe manufacturer (Sanderson Pipe), saying due to the recent hurricane, which has probably wiped out the resin plants in Louisiana again, they would not be quoting or taking orders for pipe until further notice. We are a ADS distributor too, and the lead time for ARC 24 septic chambers is now 150 days. I don't know how the septic contractors are going to stay in business. We are both a Goulds pump and Pentair (Sta-Rite / Wellmate) distributor and it takes about three months to get pumps and tanks in now. And that's just a few of our manufacturers. Some have been great. No problems with Spears MFG, Topaz Lighting and Electric, Keystone Lighting, Diablo Tools, and Klein Tools, are a few that come to mind.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We own a wholesale plumbing and electrical supply business. We got a notice from our PVC pipe manufacturer (Sanderson Pipe), saying due to the recent hurricane, which has probably wiped out the resin plants in Louisiana again, they would not be quoting or taking orders for pipe until further notice. We are a ADS distributor too, and the lead time for ARC 24 septic chambers is now 150 days. I don't know how the septic contractors are going to stay in business. We are both a Goulds pump and Pentair (Sta-Rite / Wellmate) distributor and it takes about three months to get pumps and tanks in now. And that's just a few of our manufacturers. Some have been great. No problems with Spears MFG, Topaz Lighting and Electric, Keystone Lighting, Diablo Tools, and Klein Tools, are a few that come to mind.
Very informative, much of our stock is from Woolsley-Ferguson. Same volatility.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We use Rheem.
I install a lot of Rheem/Ruud, they hold up well. I just replaced mine at the house last spring, it was 16 years old.
Those seam to be decent from what ive come across. We use Bradford White and State for std tank styleAlthough we have been recently told cuz of shortages, State’s prices are going through the roof. We Use Navian for our Tankless WH’s

Also a Pet pave of mine, I hate it when customers say “Hot Water Heater” its a Water Heater! If it was Already hot, you wouldn't need it! Ugh…lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We installed the Raheem hybrid water heater a couple of years ago and love it. It really cut down of the electric bill and having the cool air in the garage didn’t hurt either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ive serviced only one of those. As a 21yr journeyman, the repair blew my mind. Some of those new systems are gona need a class to service them lol.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most all water heaters are the same anymore. I think they all come from 2 assembly lines. There's been a lot of the a.o. Smith gas heaters with bad gas valves from the get go. But for electric heater I'd just buy the cheapest 6yr warranty heater available. No difference in the standard electric heaters, thermostats and elements are the same.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Most all water heaters are the same anymore. I think they all come from 2 assembly lines. There's been a lot of the a.o. Smith gas heaters with bad gas valves from the get go. But for electric heater I'd just buy the cheapest 6yr warranty heater available. No difference in the standard electric heaters, thermostats and elements are the same.
Agreed!
AO powershots had used that WR Gv that was a POS , Then went to a Honeywell that wasnt much better. Now they all have the Newer improved version of the Honeywell thats alot better and used across the board now. The STD vent Wherlpool from the Home center for the DIY’ers uses a stupid reverse thread thermocouple that gets homeowner in a pickle every time. They try a std Tcouple and Fubar the threads and have to buy a new Gv 🤣 JUNK!!!
Got to love Home Centers for tradesman work!🤨

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL do you realize you have possibly created another NTC? If you did expect a do better talk from Richard! HA! On a serious note., you remember our conversation at TO 21, we were talking about prison, being incarcerated and working there, the effect of one's psyche, whether a prisoner or an employee. I was only at Brushy Man. prison for an hour and it has made a ever lasting impression in my mind. I think about it weekly. I truly believe we need Mental Health Care in America and this would be a great place to start.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What do you plumbers like for a quality electric water heater? My 40 gallon Whirlpool is about 9 years old. It is still doing fine, but I am thinking about a pre-emptive replacement. I like to do these on MY schedule, not when it HAS to be done. Or I would at least like to have the replacement on hand. I don't want a heat pump or anything complicated. Just a good, long lasting water heater. Thanks!
If you have a smaller home with two showers and know how to stager shower times, 40 gal elect. is fine. Electric water heaters are 100% efficient yet the most costly way to heat water. If you do an addition, like adding a masters bath and bed room with a soaker tub, think real hard about a tankless gas water heater1

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!