BOX1

Talon Snorkel and Vent lines

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm expecting my X to be here any day. First things first.. I've been wet in my 500 and snorkeled it. Has anyone looked at the vent lines and air intakes to see how high up they are and what it will take to make sure she doesn't suck in water.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Before you get too deep, look under the drivers seat. There is a fairly extensive "data center" under there. I'd keep it out of deep water if I were you.

Reactions: IDIOT
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm not a typical drive through river kinda guy.. I only want to make sure that I don't get accidentally wet is all.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm not a typical drive through river kinda guy.. I only want to make sure that I don't get accidentally wet is all.
I am with you. I am not looking for water, but sometimes the water and the trail find you.....That said, the inlet for air is on passenger side. The air inlet is about neck high while you are sitting in cab. That would mean you have bigger problems if you flood the inlet. In addition, I can't speak to wiring under driver seat. I will be checking that out later this week. I can't imagine any scenario where Honda did not take into consideration that area could get water. Even from rain, washing or splashing through. Many people don't use windshields so if you are in a rainstorm, there is bound to be lots of opportunity for water to pour in. Was it made to sustain being submerged? Probably not, but if I was Honda it would have been tested for that eventuality. Lets be honest, these cars are made for rough riding and environment. I cringe at what some people do with their UTV's. I would like to think Honda took that into consideration. The biggest reason I did not buy used was thinking some people think UTV stood for Underwater Task Vehicle instead of Utility Task Vehicle.

Reactions: DRKnight
J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
You're probably right, it's probably fine. Honda most likely tested it submerged with water above the voltage regulator, and two computers (ecu and i4wd computers?). All I'm saying is, before you take it into deep (more than a foot) water, pull the drivers seat and lift that rubber sheet flap and peek in there. The voltage regulator is under the inboard computer, btw.

Last edited:
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
SYA Warrior Riser installed.. lets see how she works this weekend hopefully.. has anyone done it and seen any gains?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
its honda parts. just pull a couple plugs add some dielectric grease and replug. ready for water to your snorkel height

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone have the Riser snorkel kit yet? If so can you please post some photos? i need to know what they used to seal up the airbox. thank you.

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone have the Riser snorkel kit yet? If so can you please post some photos? i need to know what they used to seal up the airbox. thank you.
I believe the factory did a good job on the air box. SYA did not say anything about sealing the box. I usually just put some DOW 111 on the oring seal.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
if your having problems with sealing. look up proto putty on youtube. especially on the lid. its silicone and corn starch but makes a reuseable gasket

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
i meant i needed a photo on how they attached the two 2" tubes to the airbox and sealed them up..

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
i meant i needed a photo on how they attached the two 2" tubes to the airbox and sealed them up..
2 two inch tubes?? SYA sends you a 3.5 inch intake pipe that goes right in the factory tube. and then runs out the top of the rear fender.

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
2 two inch tubes?? SYA sends you a 3.5 inch intake pipe that goes right in the factory tube. and then runs out the top of the rear fender.
Ok Riser must use the dual 2” tubes then

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
no.. the riser is 3.5" its massive..
Snork1
Snork2
Snork3
Snork4

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I would love to see some pictures of the original intake that was removed. On the parts that were removed did any of them have the chambers that Honda engineered in to quite the intake. There is a scientific name for this technology but I can't remember the term.

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
There were 2-3 chambers.. (going off memory.. its in my garage.. I'll try to snap a pic later tonight

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was talking about the dual 2” Snorkel’s. I was hoping to make a set.

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was talking about the dual 2” Snorkel’s. I was hoping to make a set.
the only outlet coming from the airbox is a single 3.5 inch hole..I don't think I'd mess with adding more holes and risking leakage.

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I would love to see some pictures of the original intake that was removed. On the parts that were removed did any of them have the chambers that Honda engineered in to quite the intake. There is a scientific name for this technology but I can't remember the term.

What do you think the engineers were smoking? Lol

20190703 193403

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!