swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3645
Well here is how it routed stock... so I got rid of that dust eater...I actually had leaves and golden rod bushes in my air box....I had to have a snorkel cause I had to clean every 10 hours
IMG 3646
cheap piece of junk. There is no way this thing would seal if you got to deep in water. Look at one side is 1/8" thick and the top was paper thin....Well this will go into the pile of things I pulled off and replaced. Getting to be a large pile now.
IMG 3648
went to Lowes and bought every thing I might need. White pipe is cheaper but spray paint on white pipe will look bad later...
IMG 3650
Took some time crawling around from top to bottom and back a million times but finally it was done. Glued it and then cut two sections and added rubber couplers for give and better fitting. plus there is no way to get it in there in one piece.
IMG 3662
here's inside through air box and I siliconed it good and let it dry before tightening down
IMG 3663
Here's out side airbox, beside engine on drivers side.also siliconed it and let dry.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3667
It runs in and heads to to the oil fill tube. I added the rubber coupling here. I siliconed the inside for better seal.
IMG 3668
IMG 3665
on this pic it looks close but it not.
IMG 3666
Now tomorrow I'm adding heat wrap and a shield just in case and so air isn't to hot.
IMG 3664
I used a hose clamp up here but not to tight. And I still have room for my car battery Install I haven't built yet....
IMG 3672
There was another guy named Slowdryrider that did this but he went on outside here... I went inside to protect it better and I added the other rubber coupling here
IMG 3673
up through here and straight up. I put another hose clamp here....Next I will wait for my ram head to drill hood.That way I only do it one time:D and the right size....I don't want it sticking up toooo high. That way I catch the wind coming over the hood....
IMG 3675
here's a better view coming under drivers feet but above skid plate.

Reactions: jinx
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3676
Ok there all clean and ready to see how the new intake does. I have been worried that maybe 2" would be too small for intake and maybe the routing would be to long. I didn't want the power house starving for air:cool:
IMG 3690
What I did notice that there is no darn way this lid is air and water tight. So I greased the seal all the way around for better dust seal
IMG 3691

Last edited:
Reactions: jinx and Eltobgi
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
While the lid won't withstand prolonged submersion, I can tell you from experience that it does a great job of keeping out the water. I went through a puddle, it was up to the dash and I was there for about 5 mins. I found just enough water to fill the small rubber plug at the bottom for draining it.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
After everything was dry I did a test start up and checked the air flow 2" intake is plenty...I could hold my hand over half the inlet and still was ok..And while every thing dried I made a pin grease head... works great to get grease to a pin pointed area or even to put grease in a CV boot without taking them off.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3679
Just take a regular grease gun and get another tip for it. Cause it's almost impossible putting it back together after this...
IMG 3680
All grease guns appear to be the same and I have a bunch....
IMG 3682
Here are the guts all pulled out. The spring and ball bearing and the 3 little pieces won't be used
IMG 3683
And this is a needle for filling up footballs and basketballs.
IMG 3684
Take a file or grinder and sharpen it like a hypodermic needle. Make sure you grind down passed thetiny hole on the shaft...
IMG 3687
Then push the needle through the piece with rubber plunger on it and assemble like this...
IMG 3689
Put it back on and you have a tight area greaser or you can push it through a CV boot and grease inside.I will finish the thread when the air ram intake comes...

Last edited:
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I made the same type of greaser when I had my foreman but I screwed the air fitting into a 1/4" npt coupling and put a zerk fitting on the other side that way my grease gun could still be used as intended. Those set ups also work good for greasing ball joints as you can sneak the needle up into the rubber boot. I never had to replace a ball joint on any of my atv's. Good job on the snorkel @swsebek, I was never a fan of sneaking them up and around the passengers side like everyone else has done. I may have to look into the way you did yours a little closer. Have you extended your vent lines yet, thats something else I need to do.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Very Nice Work! Now how about that money shot of your Ride showing the Snorkle coming out of your hoodo_O

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I made the same type of greaser when I had my foreman but I screwed the air fitting into a 1/4" npt coupling and put a zerk fitting on the other side that way my grease gun could still be used as intended. Those set ups also work good for greasing ball joints as you can sneak the needle up into the rubber boot. I never had to replace a ball joint on any of my atv's. Good job on the snorkel @swsebek, I was never a fan of sneaking them up and around the passengers side like everyone else has done. I may have to look into the way you did yours a little closer. Have you extended your vent lines yet, thats something else I need to do.

I didn't extend them... Don't have any need to....
I built it for cleaner air and looks... If the floor is getting wet them I'm to deep...:) But if there are any benifits then let me know.but I couldn't think of any for me...

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3698
Very Nice Work! Now how about that money shot of your Ride showing the Snorkle coming out of your hoodo_O

I will as soon as It gets here... promise...
I don't have a money shot so here's and. IOU

Reactions: Eltobgi
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I built it for cleaner air and looks... If the floor is getting wet them I'm to deep...:) But if there are any benifits then let me know.but I couldn't think of any for me...
I haven't done mine yet either...... but I have been in water that comes over the floor quite a few times. I want a snorkel for the same reason as you, mainly for the clean air, but I'll terminate mine under the hood as i don't care for the snorkel through the hood

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did my snorkel for the same reason..clean air. I'm not a deep water rider either. But Man, the dust that this side by side generates rolling down a dirt road..The stock intake was just too low and in just the right place for all that dust to get sucked into. That is why I extended my intake. I did go ahead and extend all the vent lines as well, just to say I did..;)

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I finished the Snorkel last night and haven't had a chance to test it out yet.But I will when I hook a ton of firewood to it and pull it home on Saturday....I still have to put a drain on the lowest point of the pipe.I also wished I had bought a hole saw rather then this killer cutter from Harbor Freight.

IMG 3881 IMG 3882 IMG 3883

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks great. Yeah I have one of those HF cutters and not as useful as I had hoped. It's hard to keep it from walking all over on the materials I've tried it on

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks great. Yeah I have one of those HF cutters and not as useful as I had hoped. It's hard to keep it from walking all over on the materials I've tried it on
I think if you had a project where you could put and piece of wood behind it clamped.It would work way better.Oh well some carbon fiber tape will cover them mistakes:D
Now it's time to finish my ho-made windshield...

Reactions: Deluxe700
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think if you had a project where you could put and piece of wood behind it clamped.It would work way better.Oh well some carbon fiber tape will cover them mistakes:D
Now it's time to finish my ho-made windshield...

I was thinking the same on the carbon fiber tape idea. ;)

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wrapped the pipe with this insulation just for added protection where it is close to exhaust.... The snorkel work great with no power loss. Also appeared to be quieter.
IMG 3949
IMG 3935
Pulled a pile of wood today and worked it hard.
IMG 3930
IMG 3928
IMG 3926
Also made a new scratch free Windshield...Wow clean window was great in sun light today....

Also I got to work the Power steering for the first time and It is nice to have. Well worth the money. So easy and effortless.

Reactions: Mudwing and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wrapped the pipe with this insulation just for added protection where it is close to exhaust.... The snorkel work great with no power loss. Also appeared to be quieter.View attachment 67277 View attachment 67276 Pulled a pile of wood today and worked it hard.View attachment 67275 View attachment 67274 View attachment 67273 Also made a new scratch free Windshield...Wow clean window was great in sun light today....

Also I got to work the Power steering for the first time and It is nice to have. Well worth the money. So easy and effortless.
Looks good! Noticed the LEDGlow decal:) How about a pic of her lit upo_O

Reactions: jinx

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!