sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image Image Image Image Image I think some members have done the same thing but I haven't seen a post in a while. This might help newer guys/girls. This is the @joeymt33 style snorkel.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut the hole in the black cover after measuring where the center of the intake is. Once it was cut I centered my phones flashlight in the center of the hole and used tape to hold it in place, then I put the hood back on and turned off the lights to see the center and used the 3in drill bit to cut the hole. Take your time and measure twice. Hold the drill bit vertical, NOT flush with the hood, and go strait down. The pipe is very tight to fit through the holes you just cut so you might need to use sand paper to help it fit perfect.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I did do it a little different. I raised the coupler up off intake with hole saw on top till it was close to underside of hood with a drop of paint on the bit then pushed hood down in that spot. Left a mark on the bottom of the hood and drilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get the hood for the mid $300s... lol. I checked. I still Need to buy a spare in case I need to take it in for warranty work.
I think just the hood center plastic is about $60 or so. I haven't priced the black cover surely it's not too much. It can all be changed back to factory in about 2min.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think just the hood center plastic is about $60 or so. I haven't priced the black cover surely it's not too much. It can all be changed back to factory in about 2min.
The camo hood is in the mid $300s. No kidding.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!