BOX1

P1000 Snorkel vent tubes

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've been reading though the forums and want to get opinions on two points.

1. The only vents needed to be extended is rear diff, front diff, sub tranny, and gas tank. There is evedintly another that hangs down and consensus says it's okay?

2. Bypassing the hood back to the airbox, deleting airbox completely, running it up to just under roof and sticking a tube style filter up there. Any problems with bypassing stock filter for a diff one?

I got some mud and stuff in my airbox in Jims creek a few weeks ago. Sketched me out and I'm ready to snorkle. Bought some 1/4 id line today ( 20 feet, prob too much) and did my gas and sub tranny up to roof. Gonna do my diffs the same way.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't yet to look into snorkeling my 1000 so I can't commit too much.
But...
What do you mean when you say "deleting airbox completely"?
Not sure you want to do that! Unless you are talking about the intake box under the hood. Then that would be ok.
You need that ambient air. If anything a larger box would be better.

Reactions: pct and dotman1
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've been reading though the forums and want to get opinions on two points.

1. The only vents needed to be extended is rear diff, front diff, sub tranny, and gas tank. There is evedintly another that hangs down and consensus says it's okay?

2. Bypassing the hood back to the airbox, deleting airbox completely, running it up to just under roof and sticking a tube style filter up there. Any problems with bypassing stock filter for a diff one?

I got some mud and stuff in my airbox in Jims creek a few weeks ago. Sketched me out and I'm ready to snorkle. Bought some 1/4 id line today ( 20 feet, prob too much) and did my gas and sub tranny up to roof. Gonna do my diffs the same way.

The tube under the engine is a water pump weep tube. It's ok to leave alone.

Removing stock Airbox? Not sure about that. Void warranty and the stock system seems to be really nice. It breaths well and it's quiet. I'll link you too the snorkel thread if I can find it. For now all I can do is show you my set up in a pic below.

One other thing, some say it's good to extend the radiator fan vent. You don't want the fan bearings to get too much crud in it. I've not heard of that being a problem but an extra couple feet of hose is cheap and definitely doesn't hurt anything.

544d9f722435d26d4fc53c0935c4cb9c

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here's s thread with some ideas for you.

P1000 - Honda Pioneer 1000 Snorkel Kit options!

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Thanks bro. I saw your build thread. Good stuff. I saw someone else had done what I said but I looked again and realised they left their box alone and just added another filter to the end of the snorkel like a pre filter setup. They used a polaris filter.

Last edited:
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wanted to confirm that these are the vent tubes for my diffs.

1st pic is rear end passenger side
2nd pic is front end drivers side
3rd pic radiator fan front end passenger side

20160511 220121 1463033252001 100151566 14630335752051041453309

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Should you put some kind of valve/filter on the vent extensions or ok to leave open?

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Should you put some kind of valve/filter on the vent extensions or ok to leave open?
They are left open from factory, and the vent isn't really for air flow as much as pressure changes, so I'm just going to say a filter on a vent is overkill unless were talking about a vent for a engine ( which I don't believe there is one in this rig , because efi maybe?)

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
couple thoughts...
1. just swap out the axle vents to a polaris bellows p/n: 0454105
2. if you change out the air box (which i plan to) you will need to figure in for the sensor that installs into it. i have very much the same plan. i'll probably end up TIGing something together.... and adding a freaking drain tube!
3. on the warranty, you are right... but that is why you never destroy the OEM part just fab a replacement

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
couple thoughts...
1. just swap out the axle vents to a polaris bellows p/n: 0454105
2. if you change out the air box (which i plan to) you will need to figure in for the sensor that installs into it. i have very much the same plan. i'll probably end up TIGing something together.... and adding a freaking drain tube!
3. on the warranty, you are right... but that is why you never destroy the OEM part just fab a replacement

1. Call me what you want, I don't trust those damn water balloons with 21 thousand dollars.

2. Your post ( I believe) on the snorkel thread was my Second point in this thread. I want to remove that box and put something more snorkle friendly in. I thought about just bolting it to the ceiling. But I think it would be too much crap hanging down.

I now have a good plan on what I'm going to do. I was going to unhook the stock intake under the passenger side front seat and continue using that for a intake for my heater, while snorkle straight from my airbox.

But this post was primarily aimed at the vent tubes, as the search function leads me to believe there isn't one yet. I'll post pics of the locations of all the stuff so this q doesn't get asked again.

Reactions: joeymt33
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
can-am uses them balloons and has been for years. but hey to each is own right....

my concern with fabrication of the air box is mainly providing a sump of sorts to hold crud and water that does get into it. the darn tubes that connect to the throttle bodies are so low that it doesnt give much space.... but i'll come up with something soon. it would be nice to have an internally mounted air filter.

Reactions: pct
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!