jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If anyone is interested as to what all is involved with building a snorkel, extending the vent line, and making the P5 deep water ready in general, head over to the Appalachian Mountain Riders section of the forum. I have detailed vids covering the whole process from start to finish. Well, almost finish. There is one more part of the series to go yet that covers sealing up the air box but that will be added soon. Hit me up if you have any question on anything specific.

Click here to see how to make you Pioneer 500 deep water friendly!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey, @jay_man81! I watch most of your videos even though I have a 700. In the part 4 of this snorkeling series, at 2:45-2:55 it looks like the bolt on the upper steering knuckle is loose. I could be wrong but if you could check it out while it's apart, it might save you some problems down the trail. An ounce of prevention...

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh and when I click the above it says error and won't take me to the link. I saw it on YouTube. Your vids are cool!

Reactions: jay_man81
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey, @jay_man81! I watch most of your videos even though I have a 700. In the part 4 of this snorkeling series, at 2:45-2:55 it looks like the bolt on the upper steering knuckle is loose. I could be wrong but if you could check it out while it's apart, it might save you some problems down the trail. An ounce of prevention...

Thanks for the sharp eye! I'll make sure to check it tomorrow Before I break something.

Unfortunately the wife won't agree to letting me get a 700 as well. She said two pioneers are enough...lol.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Oh and when I click the above it says error and won't take me to the link. I saw it on YouTube. Your vids are cool!
Not sure what's going on with the link. It should take you to my section here on the forum. It works for me when I click it.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the sharp eye! I'll make sure to check it tomorrow Before I break something.

Unfortunately the wife won't agree to letting me get a 700 as well. She said two pioneers are enough...lol.

Aw man. Get a 700 too. Would love to watch your vids working on a P700 . Just try harder sweet talkin the wife into the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bastardchild
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

D

Deleted member 3748

If anyone is interested as to what all is involved with building a snorkel, extending the vent line, and making the P5 deep water ready in general, head over to the Appalachian Mountain Riders section of the forum. I have detailed vids covering the whole process from start to finish. Well, almost finish. There is one more part of the series to go yet that covers sealing up the air box but that will be added soon. Hit me up if you have any question on anything specific.

Click here to see how to make you Pioneer 500 deep water friendly!

I watched your video a few days ago. Did you extend the water pump vent or cap it with a fuel filter to keep muddy water out?

Reactions: Bottomgun
D

Deleted member 3748

Bought some black knee high nylons last night to use as a pre-filter on the snorkel tips. Saw where someone had posted using them and $2.98 was a much better deal than the $25 K&N ones I've had in the cart forever.
Are you trying to pretend you don't already have several pairs of knee high nylons?

I think I paid $17 each for my K&N prefilters. It was way too much but I wanted them. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Are you trying to pretend you don't already have several pairs of knee high nylons?

I think I paid $17 each for my K&N prefilters. It was way too much but I wanted them. :)

Lol, just used ones and didn't want to put off the smell of feet, might attract @JTW !
Actually felt really strange even being in that section and I realized that I didn't know a damn thing about them. Started off looking at pantie hose, then had a pair of plus size in my hand...just wanted out of that isle as fast as possible. o_O

D

Deleted member 3748

Lol, just used ones and didn't want to put off the smell of feet, might attract @JTW !
Actually felt really strange even being in that section and I realized that I didn't know a damn thing about them. Started off looking at pantie hose, then had a pair of plus size in my hand...just wanted out of that isle as fast as possible. o_O
Haha! Thankfully there are no SxS uses for granny panties.

J

JTW

Lmao..

Hey.. I’ve got a 2” warrior snorkel riser and prefilter if you can use it! I bought it for the p5 and never got around to using it.

Reactions: trigger
Pawnman87

Pawnman87

Oct 4, 2015
Murfreesboro, Ar
Ownership

1. 500
@JTW do you still have the warrior riser snorkel ive been eyeballing one something fierce. Curious as to how well it was made. Reviews on other models weren't so good lol.

J

JTW

@JTW do you still have the warrior riser snorkel ive been eyeballing one something fierce. Curious as to how well it was made. Reviews on other models weren't so good lol.
I do.. but I don’t have a p500 anymore. You going to the takeover?

Pawnman87

Pawnman87

Oct 4, 2015
Murfreesboro, Ar
Ownership

1. 500
I so would if it wasnt for all these dadgum bills folks keep sending me every month!!!! LMAO

Reactions: JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!