P500 Snow plows again

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
I want to buy a plow for my P-500. Walmart has a Warn 78960 for 300.00 delivered to my store. Does anyone on this forum have that plow on a P-500. I need to visit you.

Another question, we all know P-500's are hard to steer without power steering. Has anyone fitted a larger steering wheel and if so, where did you get it.
Thanks
John

Reactions: rtn001
D

Deleted member 3748

I want to buy a plow for my P-500. Walmart has a Warn 78960 for 300.00 delivered to my store. Does anyone on this forum have that plow on a P-500. I need to visit you.

Another question, we all know P-500's are hard to steer without power steering. Has anyone fitted a larger steering wheel and if so, where did you get it.
Thanks
John
That's just a blade and not a great price. In addition to the blade, you will need push tubes, plow mount, winch mount, and winch (if you don't already have a winch.) I use all KFI plow gear, but I think you can get a Denali plow for less money.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs

Check the forum store as well.

Reactions: rtn001 and Chooglin
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Hondasxs

Check the forum store as well.
Hey, Thanks for the tag.
Like they said, thats just the plow.
You also need the...
warn push tubes. $146
and the warn mount. $166
Total - $611 via amazon.

The Denali plow kist is $569 shipped to your door. Includes the plow, tubes, and mount.
Here is a link to our club offering --> Denali Standard Series UTV Snow Plow Kit *
Actually, I might can do a little better if you are interested!

Thanks.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks everyone. I think I like the Warn better, I also would like a 50" blade. I know, everyone wants a 60 or 66". I like how the Warn lifts the blade extra high. I think I will call them and see what works on my P500. May do that tomorrow.

Reactions: rtn001 and Hondasxs
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Not to rain on your parade harleyjohn45, but also keep in mind the 50 in blade will just barely clear the width of the machine in the straight position. If you angle it yo will be driving on the snow that it misses with each pass.. but go with what works for you. I just want to make sure people are thinking full picture in regards to plow size as I have used them on atvs and my p5 for the last 20 years and would not have wanted to go smaller than 60 even on an atv. My brother runs a 50 and hates it, and that's with a atv not a sxs. Came with the machine though and he's too cheap to upgradeo_O

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Well I got all my Warn Parts, they look very strong. The BAD is there are virtually no instructions on assembly. I have been looking on U Tube to see if there is something on the P-500. My winch is a Warn, so it should work with a Warn mount. The mount is only a couple of pieces, it should be simple. Another thing, they sent 2 tubes with the mount. They say to oval the tubes with a mallet, then insert them into the push tubes on the push tubes Maybe some day I will figure out what they plan for them.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Not to rain on your parade harleyjohn45, but also keep in mind the 50 in blade will just barely clear the width of the machine in the straight position. If you angle it yo will be driving on the snow that it misses with each pass.. but go with what works for you. I just want to make sure people are thinking full picture in regards to plow size as I have used them on atvs and my p5 for the last 20 years and would not have wanted to go smaller than 60 even on an atv. My brother runs a 50 and hates it, and that's with a atv not a sxs. Came with the machine though and he's too cheap to upgradeo_O

I like your brother, he may actually be as cheap as I am. I just don't like things that stick out past a machine to hit other vehicles. I don't get much snow, we did get a 27 incher last year. Usually 6 to 10 inches and only 3 or 4 a year. I also want to push around a little dirt and gravel, I know you can't do much. In a earlier life I had a TD-15, now that would push gravel.:)

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Well I got all my Warn Parts, they look very strong. The BAD is there are virtually no instructions on assembly. I have been looking on U Tube to see if there is something on the P-500. My winch is a Warn, so it should work with a Warn mount. The mount is only a couple of pieces, it should be simple. Another thing, they sent 2 tubes with the mount. They say to oval the tubes with a mallet, then insert them into the push tubes on the push tubes Maybe some day I will figure out what they plan for them.

Honda plow is actually a warn and if this is your plow model, here are the instructions, sorry I couldn’t find the push tube instructions, contact warn they should have it
https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L76-HR3-A21.pdf
https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L73-HL5-A00.pdf

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Honda plow is actually a warn and if this is your plow model, here are the instructions, sorry I couldn’t find the push tube instructions, contact warn they should have it
https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L76-HR3-A21.pdf
https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L73-HL5-A00.pdf

Thanks Bug:
It took me all day to install the mount. I called the Warn factory and a chap named Russell was very helpful. It all boiled down to having to remove the winch assembly to install the mount. Nothing is easy on this thing. I got it back together except for 1 last nut to be installed. The Honda dealer who sold this unit installed a winch with Warn and Honda stickers all over it. The winch was actually jammed in a couple of places, I actually had to do some grinding, grind out a couple of holes and grind down a nut that holds the clamps so it would not be pushing into the winch. Tomorrow I hope to get the push tubes and the blade on it. I will post photos when I get it finished. I think it's a very good strong unit. Total cost from from Verizon was 513.00 and free shipping. The 15-19 mount was 146.00 (I think) and now I'm seeing it advertised for 59.00. :( No biggie.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Bug:
It took me all day to install the mount. I called the Warn factory and a chap named Russell was very helpful. It all boiled down to having to remove the winch assembly to install the mount. Nothing is easy on this thing. I got it back together except for 1 last nut to be installed. The Honda dealer who sold this unit installed a winch with Warn and Honda stickers all over it. The winch was actually jammed in a couple of places, I actually had to do some grinding, grind out a couple of holes and grind down a nut that holds the clamps so it would not be pushing into the winch. Tomorrow I hope to get the push tubes and the blade on it. I will post photos when I get it finished. I think it's a very good strong unit. Total cost from from Verizon was 513.00 and free shipping. The 15-19 mount was 146.00 (I think) and now I'm seeing it advertised for 59.00. :( No biggie.

I printed off the instructions from Honda. Thanks again.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Bug:

I bought from Amazon, not Verizon. Lord help me, I'm getting absent minded.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
I printed off the instructions from Honda. Thanks again.

Any Honda accessories have instructions listed on the Honda power sports web site, just go to accessories, then the accessories you want to install, click on it and the instructions are right there

Cbrunson

Cbrunson

Sep 30, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I went with a 72” KFI and I’m glad I did. The machine handles it great. Light snow (4-6”) I can push uphill and downhill on my steep driveway.

611F690D 4FD8 4CB0 BE63 625C673C53EF F6F0AFC4 A264 476D B8F9 E818F47285E9

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Well the plow is on there after a few cuts and bruises. I'm pleased and I like the 2 push tube idea. They sent 2 extra tubes to drive into push tube assembly. I took a few photos and here they are.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!