BOX1

P1000 Snowblower on P1000?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone installed a snowblower on the P1000? Currently I using a 4' snowplow on my ATV, but a blower on the UTV would sure make the job easier. A 48" blower would be enough for what I need to clean-up.

Wondering about mounting, price, and how the blower is controlled. I've seen one where there is a large hydraulic unit required to be carried in the bed in the back, and this seems overkill for what I need.

I'm not sure what brands to research. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Berco makes one for the front of atvs and utvs where the motor is up front.

Honestly the issue is going to be that you won’t be able to go slow enough that you won’t burn up the clutch.

I move a ton of snow with my 72” Denali plow on my P1k5. It’s actually kinda fun with the soft cab and heater.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
UpnorthP5

UpnorthP5

Sep 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder if anyone has tried this unit?

Reactions: Lady01
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Berco makes one for the front of atvs and utvs where the motor is up front.

Honestly the issue is going to be that you won’t be able to go slow enough that you won’t burn up the clutch.

I move a ton of snow with my 72” Denali plow on my P1k5. It’s actually kinda fun with the soft cab and heater.
Thanks for the tip on the clutch. I need to rethink what I'm going to do. I currently have a 4' plow on my Honda Foreman 400, and it is a little workhorse. I don't have a problem on the long stretches except for the build-up of snow on both sides, but the tedious part is around the house and garage. Maybe my solution is a walk behind blower in combo with the plow. Unfortunately my garden tractor won't handle a blower, but they sure do a good job.

BTW, do you really need a heater with all the heat the engine throws off? I can't believe how much heat my P1000-3 throws off.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Has anyone installed a snowblower on the P1000? Currently I using a 4' snowplow on my ATV, but a blower on the UTV would sure make the job easier. A 48" blower would be enough for what I need to clean-up.

Wondering about mounting, price, and how the blower is controlled. I've seen one where there is a large hydraulic unit required to be carried in the bed in the back, and this seems overkill for what I need.

I'm not sure what brands to research. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
i would not do it to mine... but then again i have a kubota tractor with a 84" blower on 3 point.. to much money for that pos

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the tip on the clutch. I need to rethink what I'm going to do. I currently have a 4' plow on my Honda Foreman 400, and it is a little workhorse. I don't have a problem on the long stretches except for the build-up of snow on both sides, but the tedious part is around the house and garage. Maybe my solution is a walk behind blower in combo with the plow. Unfortunately my garden tractor won't handle a blower, but they sure do a good job.

BTW, do you really need a heater with all the heat the engine throws off? I can't believe how much heat my P1000-3 throws off.

Absolutely needs a heater. Sure there are days it’s not needed. I’m talking days where it’s blowing 25 mph and -10F. Even with my heater, I still have to block 70% of the front radiator to stay warm on days like that.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The thought never crossed my mind but I bet it would be awesome to have if you get a lot of snow.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Absolutely needs a heater. Sure there are days it’s not needed. I’m talking days where it’s blowing 25 mph and -10F. Even with my heater, I still have to block 70% of the front radiator to stay warm on days like that.
Ok, need a blower and heater. This is getting like a boat - a big hole in the water that you throw money into LOL

Reactions: Lady01 and Vikes79
E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Would this actually be an issue for the clutches if you're using low range?

There's a hell of a sale on them currently and I was about to pull the trigger.

R

rickoshea

Would this actually be an issue for the clutches if you're using low range?

There's a hell of a sale on them currently and I was about to pull the trigger.
i can't see it being any different than towing a 2k lb. load

E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
i can't see it being any different than towing a 2k lb. load
My thoughts as well, plus watching the couple videos i can find of it being used they're almost to the fully engaged point of 1st high so if kept in low manual it should be fine??...

I'm just thinking sitting down doing 60" cuts vs. Walking behind 24" cuts would be a lot nicer... And on sale at $2k it's in walk behind territory for price. Guess I'm getting lazy hahaha.

R

rickoshea

My thoughts as well, plus watching the couple videos i can find of it being used they're almost to the fully engaged point of 1st high so if kept in low manual it should be fine??...

I'm just thinking sitting down doing 60" cuts vs. Walking behind 24" cuts would be a lot nicer... And on sale at $2k it's in walk behind territory for price. Guess I'm getting lazy hahaha.
if i had a longer driveway i'd seriously consider one.i have a small one that fits to my garden tractor but it's too small/weak.if i don't make it up to the cottage for a couple weeks after it starts snowing i can't catch up.getting a 72" plow for the honda next fall.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 64" front mount PTO blower on a cabbed kubota tractor. I do a dozen or more driveways for neighbors (gratis). Couple of thoughts on doing this with a sxs. The blower needs to be wider than the vehicle track width so your making a cleared path for the vehicle. Unless you're doing roads or long driveways, there's often a lot of maneuvering forward/reverse involved in tighter areas, and slower going when precision is required or the snow is thick, wet and heavy. The tractor, with hydrostatic transmission, does this well - don't think I'd want to try it with my P1000. Plowing seems like it'd be easier on it.

Even with light snow, as shown in video, a blower often calls for lower speed.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!