P500 Snowplow

J

John1982

Sep 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
What seems to be the best snowplow mounting kit for these machines?

Reactions: Caper
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
There is no "BEST". Plows, push tubes, and mounting plates are normally sold as a package and not interchangeable. The mounting brackets can attach at the front or under the frame; both have their pro's and con's. The plows are made of different materials and come in various shapes, sizes and methods of adjusting angle. Total price varies substantially with the options available.
There is much information on this and other sites; you will have to spend time doing your due diligence.
I spent several hours looking at prices and options and finally chose a front mounted 66" KFI steel plow, but many other brands would have worked; anything will beat a "banjo"
Let us know what you went with.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I also went with the KFI 66" and don't know of any pros to having a mid mount. They lower your ground clearance and you can't lift the blade as high as a front mount. This will be the third winter with mine and no complaints.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!