P700 Soft Doors

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the exa

I have the same machine as you, hard rear panel, OEM roof. I'm trying to convince myself to buy the oem doors...but ouch!
$300 each???
Goodbye Christmas bonus.
$550 for the set at Rocky Mountain atv

Reactions: Slackjaw
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reviews aren't exactly wonderful but is it really the only game in town?

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reviews aren't exactly wonderful but is it really the only game in town?

The Honda soft doors were the only option I found (short of buying a full hard cab setup) that actually utilized the existing half-doors and weren't just a vinyl cover that you have to zip yourselves in and out of. From talking with folks who have Rangers with the same sort of soft cabs with a zip door, getting a framed door that works with the half-door is the way to go. Though again, I have no experience with the latter.

I think the phrase "Happiness is the function of realistic expectations" applies here. The front of mine seal up well against the front of the cage and the plastic trim that must be installed before the door can be installed. The rear does not seal up perfectly and still has 1/4" to 1/2" gaps in some areas. This could have been caused by the drunkard who installed them, or maybe that's just how they are. To me, I wasn't expecting them to fit much better than that, and they should serve their intended purpose, which is to keep heat in while keeping the wind and elements out. I don't expect that I will be able to be inside the cab in January in flip flops and shorts, but if it's something above 50 deg in the cab, that's fine by me.

I still haven't had a chance to really give them a good test, so my opinion of them may not be as valuable as someone who has had them on for a year or so. We're supposed to get more snow this weekend, I'll give them a bit more of a trial and post my thoughts here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!