BOX1

P1000 Soft sided cab enclosure

rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fairly certain we're ready to pull the trigger on a P1000-5 unit. Will get it outfitted with tracks for ice fishing. Being that it's primarily used for ice fishing when not plowing the drive we're interested in soft cab enclosures - something where I can rig the roof for escape purposes.

Anyone have suggestions on nice fitting enclosures?

Thanks!
Bob

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh man. Needing a escape route inside the sxs is something I never thought about.

Sorry. I have no suggestions.
Most roofs hard mount and the soft roofs use straps.

Reactions: JTW
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How about a snub nose AR 300 black out, mount it in the cab so you’ll have it to take out whatever your trying to escape from so you don’t have to! :D

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about a snub nose AR 300 black out, mount it in the cab so you’ll have it to take out whatever your trying to escape from so you don’t have to! :D

He’s referring to falling through the ice.

Reactions: JTW
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I
He’s referring to falling through the ice.
I know, I was just f***ing with him;)
He did ask the question without a full detailed description. Sorry bout that.

Reactions: JTW and Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I

I know, I was just f***ing with him;)
He did ask the question without a full detailed description. Sorry bout that.

yeah I know.

I guess you could shoot at the ice...

I’ve often thought that a deployable set of ‘toons on the side of an utv would be a smart idea.

ive seen rigs where they have a pair of 12’ 2x6’s strapped front and rear cross ways to hopefully stop the vehicle from going all the way under.

Personally I don’t mess around with ice that is less than 8”.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
yeah I know.

I guess you could shoot at the ice...

I’ve often thought that a deployable set of ‘toons on the side of an utv would be a smart idea.

ive seen rigs where they have a pair of 12’ 2x6’s strapped front and rear cross ways to hopefully stop the vehicle from going all the way under.

Personally I don’t mess around with ice that is less than 8”.
I don’t blame you. Lol

rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Vikes - how do you like the factory softdoors, and do you have the softroof as well?

Guess I need to get a mount for the AR too, lol.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Remington
rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking to the dealer yesterday, and they are hesitant to recommend Honda's soft enclosure unless I'm using an enclosed trailer; or basically just using the machine around the house/farm. Is there really that many issues when trailering rigs setup with the soft enclosures? I've seen a couple photos where the clear windows got beatup, but curious of other's experience on it.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Speaking to the dealer yesterday, and they are hesitant to recommend Honda's soft enclosure unless I'm using an enclosed trailer; or basically just using the machine around the house/farm. Is there really that many issues when trailering rigs setup with the soft enclosures? I've seen a couple photos where the clear windows got beatup, but curious of other's experience on it.
I have the soft doors with the two piece windshield and hard rear panel on my 3 seat. I thought at first it'll be fine to trailer no big deal. Once I had ran my buggie at highway speeds with the doors on I changed my mind. It would be too easy for a change in wind direction to pull one of the upper doors off and damage it. On short trips around the house I will trailer with the soft doors on but i try to stay less than 50 mph. Any more than that and I can watch the windows ballooning with the wind changes from passing cars. As for the quick exit I think the upper door section could easily be pushed off the pioneer. Let's be honest these things don't seal up well enough to have water pressure holding the door shut. I love the soft uppers for what they are but I don't expect to feel like I'm in a car.

rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Ohio. I was checking out some after market enclosures, and noticed they cautioned against exceeding 45 mph with them on the machine. I have a little learning curve ahead on the different factors involved with a side-by-side after running an ATV the past 10 years.

Reactions: Ohio4x4
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Vikes - how do you like the factory softdoors, and do you have the softroof as well?

Guess I need to get a mount for the AR too, lol.. :rolleyes:

They are functional.

they take some time to get fit correctly.

like any soft door they don’t like going into a head wind at 65 mph.

for me they work well. They help keep most of the weather out.

I have the factory hardtop.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks Ohio. I was checking out some after market enclosures, and noticed they cautioned against exceeding 45 mph with them on the machine. I have a little learning curve ahead on the different factors involved with a side-by-side after running an ATV the past 10 years.
My 1000 3 seat is also my first sxs. Always had atvs in the past. There is definitely a learning curve. Coming from an atv made it easy for me to overlook the common complaints most have with the Cab accessories. A little over a year in I'm now refining the fitment. Insulation tape and weather strip are your friend.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the soft doors with the two piece windshield and hard rear panel on my 3 seat. I thought at first it'll be fine to trailer no big deal. Once I had ran my buggie at highway speeds with the doors on I changed my mind. It would be too easy for a change in wind direction to pull one of the upper doors off and damage it. On short trips around the house I will trailer with the soft doors on but i try to stay less than 50 mph. Any more than that and I can watch the windows ballooning with the wind changes from passing cars. As for the quick exit I think the upper door section could easily be pushed off the pioneer. Let's be honest these things don't seal up well enough to have water pressure holding the door shut. I love the soft uppers for what they are but I don't expect to feel like I'm in a car.

This is why I have my enclosed trailer.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is why I have my enclosed trailer.
It's on the list lol. Somewhere between another set of tires and the custom cage I think. Every time I get on here the list changes.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!