P500 Softer springs for p500

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Hey gang! I just canceled my order for Walker Evans shocks. I couldn't stomach $1,200 for what seemed to be the only shocks available for my quad. Has anyone had luck with any other brand of aftermarket shock and getting a smoother ride from it? I'm just looking for a budget solution to get a slightly smoother ride. Personally I would rather just replace the Springs with softer Springs has anyone had any luck.

R

Rustell

Have you dis-connected your sway bar yet... ? This will improve your ride somewhat.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
You may have already tried it, but lower psi on larger diameter tires helped some. Sway bar removed amd spring preset to lowest. Slow rider.

Last edited:
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Just a caution on softer springs... if you hit a rock or sharp bump at speed, it'll bottom out hard, and you'll get seatbelt burn...

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Wheel spacers will "soften: the "apparent"spring rate significantly as well if you don't have to meet the "50" standard. PS...you can space out a bit anyway and stay "Legal".

WB

Reactions: Nashby
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Wheel spacers and taller tires are the easiest way to make it ride and handle better.

Reactions: Nashby
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Often times budget doesn’t mean comfortable! Whether talking shocks or airplane seats! :D

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I’d check out the air shocks If you like DIY projects. As mine is a work machine primarily, I went with the ELka Stage 3s, not entirely sure how they compare with WEs (you had on order) but they do ride very nice. Lastly I installed radials on mine last fall not driven a huge amount but smoothness, traction and is very noticeable.
j

Reactions: Nashby and trigger
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I have Air shocks on the front of mine, they soak up the bumps and have eliminated harsh feedback on the front end.

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have aftermarket shocks yet, but I agree bigger tires and wheel spacers make a huge difference in ride quality. I have 2 in spacers and 27 x 8.5 x 14 tires all the way around. Definitely a noticeable difference in stability and ride quality!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!