alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I sold my P500 and figuring out my next move to align with my interest which may be the Talon or an ATV which I like for trail riding. Either way, I don't envision leaving the forum :)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sold my P500 and figuring out my next move to align with my interest which may be the Talon or an ATV which I like for trail riding. Either way, I don't envision leaving the forum :)

Congrats on the sale. Hopefully it puts you in a good position for the next toy once you decide what it should be.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
don't know what kind of trails you ride but id look at the wolverine too, about half the cost as a talon and can be made to keep up with a quad pretty easy even though it doesn't seem like it, jbs has a bunch of yam mods. the 19 has a bigger engine. 60 inch width I believe is the ideal for ride and stability while still making it through most trails

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Can't wait to what you get. Have you been looking around?

As some of you know, the unit sold was my second P500 and enjoyed it. In general, the vast majority (99%) of my use has been work and if I stay that course, then I want something with a “true bed”. Alternatively, I have been giving serious consideration to doing more trail riding approximately 2-hours away, specifically Land Between the Lakes and thinking of something more-sporty, but capable of some work. If I go full-blown sport model, then I will just use my compact John Deere more often, LOL, so I’m weighing that as well. The video below (not mine) would be a nice representation of the trails, modest for the most part with some nose bleed areas for those amped up on liquid courage.

I have been thinking of the following units:

If primary work: (JD Gator or Kawasaki Mule)

If Sport: Talon or Yamaha YXZ

If a mixture: Wolverine, Viking or Pioneer 700/1000

Lastly, another ATV and use my tractor more

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
the tight hills and trees in the middle of that, you wont be able to easily get the wide or long ones up. trails like that made for quads I can get the rhino I had through with some experience and knowing where I can put the tires, pretty easy on 10ft long machine. the quads are way worse on the hills believe it or not because they tip backward easier. I only tipped my rhino over once and I tried a billion times, didn't have the stupid recall crap so was still 59.5 inch wheelbase, haul wood as high as I can stack it through swamp and crap. the only time I flipped it I was hauling a load up and it was raining and on a bridge slid over off the bridge. got my winch so I could winch it flat then started and drove it out of the ditch like nothing happened

to me wolverine or p700 are the best work/play combination for tight woods and hills, mud. why I got the p700. was looking wolverine pretty hard too they are better at trails, have a ton of room for trail stuff, food and stuff, but I was thinking the laid back seats wouldnt be that good working and in and out a lot and the pioneer bad is way bigger. only 19 + have dumping bad too. the other ones you list are too big or slow to be considered.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
If I end up with a 700 it will likely be the deluxe version with power steering and ability to paddle shift...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Upload 2019 1 11 9 48 54

If it was stuffed full of toys...it still wouldn't be enough. I'm quite certain there would always be just one more that I "NEED".

Upload 2019 1 11 9 44 27

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
specifically Land Between the Lakes
Very cool there! Is there actually an ATV/UTV trail system there?? Lots of cool campgrounds I know.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
one of everything would be better, raptor for trails they are a ton of fun. but when you look at really buying and maintaining all this crap one thing to me that is kinda good at a lot. been there sold most. just wanted one machine that I didn't have to mess with too much. the wolverine has got better suspension for trail stuff and it is quite a bit faster than the p700 imo if you intend on using the pioneer 50/50 trails work you need after market shocks to be able to go its max speed on trails, stuff the wolverine does stock.ends being quite a bit more once you tack that on to a deluxe which is really looks crap and eps that you can get for 500 you may or may not care about. some suspension and tires you can get an r spec that includes roof kyb shocks, windshield eps, 12-14k

Reactions: CumminsPusher
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
You need a Talon for sport
A 700 for work
And a quad for anything else
And a dirt bike
Then you will have it covered
I like you're thinking :) Ironically, I have been thinking of that combination as well as a street bike, LOL....

Reactions: Mudwing
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Very cool there! Is there actually an ATV/UTV trail system there?? Lots of cool campgrounds I know.
I have ridden there several time and if memory serves me correct, there are three different trails. In general, the trails go from modest which can handle jeeps, ATV's, etc., and very friendly to progressively more aggressive and can be challenged by essentially any OHV

Reactions: Montecresto
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
one of everything would be better, raptor for trails they are a ton of fun. but when you look at really buying and maintaining all this crap one thing to me that is kinda good at a lot. been there sold most. just wanted one machine that I didn't have to mess with too much. the wolverine has got better suspension for trail stuff and it is quite a bit faster than the p700 imo if you intend on using the pioneer 50/50 trails work you need after market shocks to be able to go its max speed on trails, stuff the wolverine does stock.ends being quite a bit more once you tack that on to a deluxe which is really looks crap and eps that you can get for 500 you may or may not care about. some suspension and tires you can get an r spec that includes roof kyb shocks, windshield eps, 12-14k
I still say “bang for buck” for trails if only 2 seats needed and width isn’t a problem is the Wolverine. With all the extras that comes on the R- Spec it’s hard to beat.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have ridden there several time and if memory serves me correct, there are three different trails. In general, the trails go from modest which can handle jeeps, ATV's, etc., and very friendly to progressively more aggressive and can be challenged by essentially any OHV
Thanks!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!