Something I noticed when changing the sub trani oil

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yesterday I came in from a ride and pulled in the shop and put the talon on the lift to change the sub T oil while it was hot.
After I started the oil draining I noticed some wetness from the small hose that comes from the water pump. There was a drop of coolant on the end of the line and the inside of the line was wet as well. I have not noticed any drop of coolant level in the reservoir, so the coolant loss is negligible at this point.

Soooo,,, what ya all think? Normal to see wetness or maybe the seal in the water pump is starting to be a problem needing replacement in time and needs to be watched.

I was not riding hard at all and the engine temp was normal as always.

Reactions: Isaiah
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is the water pump weep hole.
It is sometimes common to find a little bit but if it starts to leave a puddle in the garage then you may want to think about replacing it one rainy weekend.

If its still new. talk to your dealer. But they could have it a little bit.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
This is the water pump weep hole.
It is sometimes common to find a little bit but if it starts to leave a puddle in the garage then you may want to think about replacing it one rainy weekend.

If its still new. talk to your dealer. But they could have it a little bit.
If I need to replace it,,maybe,,, does the entire pump need replacement as a unit? What if any items I need to remove to access the part for removal,,,,, I need to get a factory service manual just saying.

It is not new 19 model and has 1850 and some odd miles on it.

Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
The service manual for my Pioneer 500 says it is normal to see a drop of antifreeze there, not to worry about it. As @Hondasxs said, if it leaves a puddle on the floor, then it's a problem.

H

HondaTech

Its pretty common from my experience, if its leaking enough to puddle then I'd look at replacing it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!