Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Always reading negativity about the 500, lack of power and suspension travel blah blah blah...some P5 owners considering bigger Pioneers and even other brands. Once again this machine is rock solid and shines for its purpose.
Took her out this morning to a large scramble area of wet sand and put the machine into every bad scenario I could. Steep banked turns, off camber climbs and descents, super steep climbs and descents, several times the wife asked 'you're not really going to try that are you'? It was like trying to fail but it was slow and controlled and the way this machine is set up it's an absolute goat! Surprised me again.
There's only a couple of mods or add on's that I haven't done or tried on this machine and have ran different configurations, a few things that are a must in regards to mechanical capability IMO...
Disconnect the sway bar already, everyone knows it and no one ever goes back.
Go with aftermarket wheels or give it some stance with spacers. This machine handles and performs much better with some added stability. You'll still get in the back of the truck and fit through the posts on most restricted trails. I'm at 55".
Power steering is a must if you can afford it, makes this machine much easier to maneuver which adds to its capability. Worked it hard today and it performed flawlessly.
Bigger better tires. I'm running 26's but wouldn't hesitate on 27's. Added ground clearance and more aggressive tread pattern make it far more capable and going with radials gives a better ride.
If you have the time and can afford to do these few things to your P5, you'll transform this machine into a little beast that in certain riding conditions can't be touched by anything else out there.
So the offer is, bring your 700 or 1000 and let me pick the trail, chances are it won't get through the gate and if it does it'll get a thorough ass whippin'. P5 owns this niche.
Gate 2
Gate
Scramble Area

Btw, saw a brand new silver 700-4 with a soft top at the trail head, upper cage was beat to sh** already trying to ride this trail system...and those were the ones he could fit on.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Going for spacers Trigger , what do you recommend ?

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

How was your ride today beyond the 50" trails? The Atlanta trails are pretty good though they just graded a lot of them and several miles were loose dirt. I was having some speed and steering issues in there. There were quite a few mud holes and not much rain to speak of.

Check out this mess on Davy.

DSCN9286 DSCN9287

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How was your ride today beyond the 50" trails? The Atlanta trails are pretty good though they just graded a lot of them and several miles were loose dirt. I was having some speed and steering issues in there. There were quite a few mud holes and not much rain to speak of.

Check out this mess on Davy.

View attachment 57571 View attachment 57572

About the same, some mud holes but not terrible. Rode from 10 until 2, started raining when I was unloading. How many miles did you guys ride?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have trouble with the 55" machine on 50" trails? Do they issue in MI tickets or ?? I am also at 55" wide and really I don't know that going wider would really be a benefit (Unless I build longer arms)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have trouble with the 55" machine on 50" trails? Do they issue in MI tickets or ?? I am also at 55" wide and really I don't know that going wider would really be a benefit (Unless I build longer arms)

If you fit through the posts you'll pretty much fit through anything on the trail. Low hangers and trees on the inside of a banked turn are more of an issue than squeezing through tight spots. Have only seen DNR on the trails a couple of times and just traded waves to each other going by. I guess they could bust out a tape and ticket or warn me but I think they can see the narrow width of the cab and know that it's a 50" machine. They probably figure if I were too wide I wouldn't have even made it into the trail. 53" felt good until I added more top weight, now 55" put it back to feeling very stable again. I'm not going any wider.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
2" spacers...also known as...
" training wheels"..with 5+2 offset
....can't beat it....
yes..I lost a few...MPH..
but..butt pucker gone...

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For strictly hunting purposes, the 50 inches was great... for riding in hills, I couldn’t go without my 1.5” spacers... even deeper ruts in mud I used to almost flip over. Not anymore... no worries now... but I did get the extra coverage fender flares. I wouldn’t have spacers without those. It was miserable from all the mud throwing!

Reactions: HUCK and trigger
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'd recommend 53" for most P5 set ups. 1.5" spacers with stock wheels.
Awesome ! Put on the 1.5s all around with stock rims and WOW what a difference ! Just love it ! Made it so much more stable and I still fit the 50" gates (close but I fit) and just rub the wheels wells on my Ram a lil bit . Thanks Trigger !

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger love the under winch cover-where did you get it? I have laRGER 26" tires unhooked sway bar-can go no larger on tires or mine will not fit the toy hauler. In NV and Utah gates are set @ 51" can't use spacers...Would like a new one with the auto shift maybe in the spring. haven't found anywhere I can't take it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger love the under winch cover-where did you get it? I have laRGER 26" tires unhooked sway bar-can go no larger on tires or mine will not fit the toy hauler. In NV and Utah gates are set @ 51" can't use spacers...Would like a new one with the auto shift maybe in the spring. haven't found anywhere I can't take it.

Thanks Mike! Had to make it, hated that hole in the front. I'd love to ride out there someday.

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Always reading negativity about the 500, lack of power and suspension travel blah blah blah...some P5 owners considering bigger Pioneers and even other brands. Once again this machine is rock solid and shines for its purpose.
Took her out this morning to a large scramble area of wet sand and put the machine into every bad scenario I could. Steep banked turns, off camber climbs and descents, super steep climbs and descents, several times the wife asked 'you're not really going to try that are you'? It was like trying to fail but it was slow and controlled and the way this machine is set up it's an absolute goat! Surprised me again.
There's only a couple of mods or add on's that I haven't done or tried on this machine and have ran different configurations, a few things that are a must in regards to mechanical capability IMO...
Go with aftermarket wheels or give it some stance with spacers. This machine handles and performs much better with some added stability. You'll still get in the back of the truck and fit through the posts on most restricted trails. I'm at 55".
Power steering is a must if you can afford it, makes this machine much easier to maneuver which adds to its capability. Worked it hard today and it performed flawlessly.
Bigger better tires. I'm running 26's but wouldn't hesitate on 27's. Added ground clearance and more aggressive tread pattern make it far more capable and going with radials gives a better ride.
If you have the time and can afford to do these few things to your P5, you'll transform this machine into a little beast that in certain riding conditions can't be touched by anything else out there.
So the offer is, bring your 700 or 1000 and let me pick the trail, chances are it won't get through the gate and if it does it'll get a thorough ass whippin'. P5 owns this niche.
View attachment 57567 View attachment 57568 View attachment 57569
Btw, saw a brand new silver 700-4 with a soft top at the trail head, upper cage was beat to sh** already trying to ride this trail system...and those were the ones he could fit on.
Preach it brotha!

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 57567 View attachment 57568 View attachment 57569
Bet with your side mirrors you are close to as wide as a P1! I tore the rear view mirror out of mine last week end, chasing my Dad on his Rincon. And went every where he went.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bet with your side mirrors you are close to as wide as a P1! I tore the rear view mirror out of mine last week end, chasing my Dad on his Rincon. And went every where he went.

If willing to beat the hell out of your machine that P1 will fit through some tight spaces. If I pull the mirrors in and subject mine to some punishment, you can't go where I go...period. :(

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have been in a few tight spots where through was not an option! I sat for a while contemplating on what I should do and before I could decide the Beast decided to go over the obstacle! :eek:

I’m not doubting the P5 because I want one bad built to your specs! But the way The Beast is set up I would accept your challenge;) might not be able to get there as quick but that trail will never forget I was there:cool:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger i gotta say youve got a badass looking machine there! That front end is sick! Love it. Purpose built badassery right there!

Thanks BC! It's a labor of love man, never intended to do that many mods or spend that much money, just kinda turned out that way. It's like building a million dollar house in a crappy neighborhood, I'll never see a return on it other than my own satisfaction and other people digging it. I'm sure I'll have it til the day I die.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!