YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any members here from or near south east Ohio? I will be spending a week there soon to hunt deer with my son on his land. Hauling my Pioneer up there so we can ride on days not hunting. Any good trails around Athens County? I know Wayne National Forest has a lot of trails, but most are seasonal and have a 50" width limit. Hell I'll even pay to ride private land if I have to. Not looking for real mean stuff, just some trails for my son and I to spend a little father and son bonding time and catch up on the last couple decades. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Ohio is supper restrictive on the ATV/SxS front.
Wayne is national Forrest so they are required to use the state rules.
Need to have Ohio APV registration or similar from your home state.

One of the closer state forests is Perry.
Its a reclaimed quarry but has quite a bit of regrowth.
Link to the state page for Perry, has a tab for ATV rules and a button for the riding area map.

http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/perry

But again there are rules up the wazoo.
Perry is limited to 62" but I have never been measured.

I hope the hunting is better than the ATV riding.

Reactions: YardDog
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to ride near Wellsville, OH. I was never real clear if it was legal or not. We never paid anyone and never saw any gates or trailers or anything to do so at or any police or people telling us to leave. We were never the only ones there riding either. I haven't been in over a decade. I did hear rumor it got shutdown though. Maybe someone else knows.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to ride near Wellsville, OH. I was never real clear if it was legal or not. We never paid anyone and never saw any gates or trailers or anything to do so at or any police or people telling us to leave. We were never the only ones there riding either. I haven't been in over a decade. I did hear rumor it got shutdown though. Maybe someone else knows.

I did a little internet reading...looks like the Wellsville area has been shutdown and never really was a legal place to ride. I guess there is a reason I started going to places that I knew 100% were legit riding areas.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ohio is really restrictive now, wasn't like that 40 years ago when I lived there. But it is what it is, just have to find other places to ride and spend my cash.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!