Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know several have bought from them. Anyone had upgrades or warranty work done by them? Just wondering how cool they were. I'd rather not remove any of my mods if I can help it when I finally do take it in for clutch cover upgrade.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only stuff I would remove, would be anything hindering access to the covers where they will be working.
I do not believe they can deny the upgrade based on modifications you have made, unless they would directly harm the clutches.

I thought you were not going to let them touch it until you had issues?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Delton I thought you weren't getting this till hell froze over, do we all need better winter wear lol?
Being a service bulletin I don't think mods would matter you should be good. @Eltobgi is very modded especially electronically speaking which would be more of a concern and he flew through but he did take a few things off for the process and they left a couple things as well.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only stuff I would remove, would be anything hindering access to the covers where they will be working.
I do not believe they can deny the upgrade based on modifications you have made, unless they would directly harm the clutches.

I thought you were not going to let them touch it until you had issues?
I'm not. Just curious how their service dept is. I've heard some horror stories about other dealers on fb.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton I thought you weren't getting this till hell froze over, do we all need better winter wear lol?
Being a service bulletin I don't think mods would matter you should be good. @Eltobgi is very modded especially electronically speaking which would be more of a concern and he flew through but he did take a few things off for the process and they left a couple things as well.
True but dealerships vary.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton it sounds like you are only giving us half the story.
Nope that's everything in a nutshell. 3401 miles and still purrs like a kitten. If there was a problem, y'all would know about it.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Still looking for my letter from Honda for that upgrade.
Received mine last week! Lol. You definitely do not need it to have the work done, I am proof of that!

Reactions: Windrock1000
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
My mods did not prevent the clutch work from being performed! I would just recommend removing anything that would prevent or interfere with them removing the rear floor panel!

Did some snow removal over the weekend and also played in the snow and so far so good!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope that's everything in a nutshell. 3401 miles and still purrs like a kitten. If there was a problem, y'all would know about it.
That's good news!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know about Southern but some dealers are great and others not so much.. :rolleyes::cool:
God Bless you!! Someone who gets why I started this thread!! Just trying to find out how these guys rate in service dept.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!