Cowboy02

Cowboy02

May 5, 2019
Northern Ca
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Has anyone found a good spare tire carrier yet?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure its the best option but this would work if you add a hitch and you could swap it over and use it on your other machines also. They have a ton of different ones to choose from.

ATV UTV Spare tire mount carrier

Reactions: Cowboy02
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I did see a picture of the JEI. I was wondering if it could be adjustable up-and-down the ROP? I have to give them a call.

I meet the owner at the Takeover great guy. JEI is also the best didn't know he had made one yet.

Reactions: Cowboy02
krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just bought the JEI off-road spare tire carrier, when I get it and install it I'll let everybody know how it works out. Thanks for all the information.
I was first to buy this unit and have had installed and trail tested. Fits like a glove and well thought it !!

IMG 9556

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Cowboy02

Cowboy02

May 5, 2019
Northern Ca
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
I was first to buy this unit and have had installed and trail tested. Fits like a glove and well thought it !!

View attachment 130557
Thanks for the info, it looks great on the X. I was worried the spare tire may be too tall above the roof. It's a tight fit in our toy hauler as it is.

Last edited:
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 130557
Love the look of that.. But what is your visibility out back.. Thats my only concern.. where we ride Side mirrors take a beating so I installed a 5 panel 40" cart mirror.

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Love the look of that.. But what is your visibility out back.. Thats my only concern.. where we ride Side mirrors take a beating so I installed a 5 panel 40" cart mirror.
The tire carrier is adjustable and can be mounted slightly lower ( clamped under flag whip mount ) or higher if desired ( but would then allow tire to be higher than roof high point) I am still able to see with rear view mirror below and back but obviouly it covers most of the back view but also provides great mud coverage it appears! If of concern they also manufacture a rear bumper that you can put a tire mount on but I'm not a big fan of having all that weight way back over the bumper. Love mine and had no issues with quality or install .

Cowboy02

Cowboy02

May 5, 2019
Northern Ca
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
I got a call from JEI off-road today asked me if I was sure I wanted that color black on my spare tire carrier. Apparently I pushed the wrong button, thank you so much for the customer service at JEI and your concerns of making sure your customer gets what they want. They said it well ship out next, week can't wait to put it on and try it out

Reactions: stellarpod
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you guys know of anyone building a spare carrier similar to the one Yamaha has for YXZ? It sets lower and folds out of the way to get into box. I plan on installing a rear light / chase bar for visibility in dusty conditions plus rear turn signals & backup lights up high. The JEI would cover the light bar

Reactions: Sandfreak
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
hurry up & go ride and let us know how bad or if the high weight bothers. Also I assume you have an open trailer or else will want to watch door 1st time in. I ordered a Factory UTV one that looks like what you ended up with. It has not arrived yet but will be real interested in your thoughts

Jastoner

Jastoner

Jul 4, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
hurry up & go ride and let us know how bad or if the high weight bothers. Also I assume you have an open trailer or else will want to watch door 1st time in. I ordered a Factory UTV one that looks like what you ended up with. It has not arrived yet but will be real interested in your thoughts

Thanks for the tips.
I was riding for the last 3 days. Didn't notice any change to my ride.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!