P700 Spare Tire for 700-4 Deluxe?

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm considering carrying a spare tire on my new 700-4 Deluxe; but with different size front and back wheels on the 700 I'm a bit confused as a newbie....will front wheels fit on the back and vice versa? If so, is it better to carry a rear or a front as a spare? Use of spare would be temporary to get me out of remote locales if I lost a tire, and not for permanent use.

Also, anyone have a recommended mount for a spare on a 700-4?

Reactions: Lamascota
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm considering carrying a spare tire on my new 700-4 Deluxe; but with different size front and back wheels on the 700 I'm a bit confused as a newbie....will front wheels fit on the back and vice versa? If so, is it better to carry a rear or a front as a spare? Use of spare would be temporary to get me out of remote locales if I lost a tire, and not for permanent use.

Also, anyone have a recommended mount for a spare on a 700-4?
I went with the front tire and I got a rim that matched... I got a 50/50 chance it's the front and that way the rim matches.
I built my own mount, as a lot of guys have.
But If you don't build things then take a look at MOSES cooler and tire carrier. It's the route I would have gone if I wasn't a builder..when I dump my tire goes up in the air by itself, but I only really dump to clean or check air cleaner..

IMG 1597 IMG 1602 IMG 1619 IMG 1620 IMG 1623 IMG 1624

Reactions: BKelly and Mudwing
B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, swsebek. I was thinking something with the bed extender may be best for a mount too. Photos helped with ideas, thanks. I like that the spare is "inboard" and not hanging off the back. Still not clear though if stock front wheel will work on back or vice versa...maybe I'll just have to pull the wheels and look/test :). Maybe 50/50 odds are the best I can do but was hoping for more certainty that front or rear would work on both if needed in a pinch....

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
im sorry,yes the front wheel works in rear,but the rear doesn't work to well in the front.It will stick out to far or if you flip it and then it rubs the a-arms.so the front wheel was the best choice for spare for me.Some one else here will chime in soon...And post the link for moses racks...I have seen guys do swing open gates too...

Reactions: BKelly
B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Again, thanks, swsebek. That's what I would have guessed, but I'm not usually good at gambling :). Thanks for the confirmation! Found the brickcityfab (moses) racks too--nice stuff.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!