• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon Spare Tire Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Talon 1000 Discussion' started by Fusefinder, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Fusefinder

Fusefinder New Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    I have the 2019 Talon X and am looking to add a spare tire setup. My thought was use a take-off of the factory front tire 28 x 9 this should fit front or back and have clearance either location.
    This is what I did on my last ride and worked well, I rolled 1 tire off the bead and came seriously close to rolling a second at Rush off-road.
    Any options on the spare tire size?
    If any of you who have upgraded tires and wheels and willing to part with one or a set please IM me.
    Thanks

2. HUCK

HUCK Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    I bought a set of take off wheels and tires . So I have a spare and a full set of replacement wheels and tires ! Prior to buying the set I bought a spare from a major supplier who advertised it as 2019 TALON SPARE WHEEL AND TIRE . Yeah well it fits but the Honda lug nuts don't work on (which they didn't tell me) so you couldn't use it without carrying a spare set of nuts and a different lug wrench !

3. SClever

SClever New Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    I have a spare front and rear take off I'd part with. We cut two sidewalks within the first 200 miles ( front and rear) and decided to put the money towards upgraded tires/wheels instead of replacing stock tire. They didn't seem very durable, maybe just bad luck I dunno. I will be riding at Renagade Ridge this coming weekend and can bring them if anyone is interested

4. rbtnt

rbtnt Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    SClever - sending you a PM