P1000 Spark but no fire

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been having some running issues with my ol" hondoo lately. Basicly running rich, backfiring, loss of power, and stalling out. It started mildly and over the last 20-30miles has become undrivable. No codes. Fires right up. Just runs like crap. I flushed the fuel tank. My real concern is this: while its running I pull the plug wire off of the rear cylinder and it kills itself. Pull the plug wire from front cylinder and it keeps running with zero change. I pulled the plugs and both plugs and coils are making an abundance of spark. (That makes me nervous) One plug looks fine and the other looks rich. I have new plugs coming on Monday but untill then I'm concerned about that front cylinder having spark but still not firing. Its not smoking, or blowing oil by and its not making any odd noises.

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
It sounds like an injector wire to me. This is a very common problem and causes all the issues you spoke of.
Bet its the front injector since disabling spark causes no change.

So, remove the seat, seatback, and cover.
Remove the front injector connector.
Pull test the wires.
I bet they pull right off.

Injector Repair Kit - Honda Pioneer 1000 fuel injector wire repair kit. SXS1000

I would order 2 as the rear has been just as common of a issue.

Last edited:
J

JTW

I've been having some running issues with my ol" hondoo lately. Basicly running rich, backfiring, loss of power, and stalling out. It started mildly and over the last 20-30miles has become undrivable. No codes. Fires right up. Just runs like crap. I flushed the fuel tank. My real concern is this: while its running I pull the plug wire off of the rear cylinder and it kills itself. Pull the plug wire from front cylinder and it keeps running with zero change. I pulled the plugs and both plugs and coils are making an abundance of spark. (That makes me nervous) One plug looks fine and the other looks rich. I have new plugs coming on Monday but untill then I'm concerned about that front cylinder having spark but still not firing. Its not smoking, or blowing oil by and its not making any odd noises.

View attachment 160445
Change the plugs and put fresh fuel in and post back. Next thought is wires..

Reactions: Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Change the plugs and put fresh fuel in and post back. Next thought is wires..
You left your self wide open on this comment, I will refrain! HA! Next thought.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!